Our Keurig Special Edition brewer got a new baby brother, today! And he is the most gorgeous shade of shiny red! Keurig’s MINI Plus brewer is the perfect size for campers, dorm rooms, hotel rooms, tiny apartments and your office desk. Now you can have your favorite coffee, tea and beverage flavors wherever you are, even if space is at a premium.
The Keurig MINI Plus Brewer is gorgeous, with three choices for color – black, red and platinum. It’s more square and boxy than my special Edition Brewer and the footprint on my counter is a little smaller. Used as intended, in smaller spaces, where an individual needs a quick refreshment, the MINI Brewer is the perfect way to enjoy the same delicious hot beverages you can get from larger models. This is not the brewer you want on your kitchen counter if you have a large family, making many multiple beverages a day from it. That’s not what it was intended for. This sweet little brewer is the perfect fit in your home office/den, a vacation home or cabin, a business trip hotel room, in your camper or wherever your quiet getaway place might be. It’s intended to brew a single cup at a time. It provides the convenience of a fresh, piping hot cup, right at your fingertips, without needing to make a whole pot. And it only takes around two minutes, which includes heating the water and brewing your perfect beverage!
I see the same Keurig quality, I have come to know and expect, in this little machine. If you follow the included instructions, using bottled or filtered water, like with all other models, you can enjoy years of variety and deliciousness from your liquid refreshments. Our Special Edition is still going strong and gets a lot of wear and tear from this big family. The MINI Plus is super simple to operate, too; and has many of the same features we have come to love in our bigger model. For instance, I can choose from three different cup sizes. It has a removable drip tray, which makes it easy to clean and helps to accommodate taller mugs or even short drinking glasses. I can brew hot or cold beverages with it and any K-Cup flavor works in it.
When you buy a Keurig brewer, it’s important to pick the size and style that fits YOUR specific needs and believe me, they have something for everyone! There are three things, specific to it’s design and it’s intended use, that make the Keurig MINI Plus not as good an option for our beverage guzzling family, and more appropriate for a small space used by only one or two people.
- One thing I did notice is that you really need to be aware of what you’re doing when you fill the machine. Overfilling the water reservoir can result in a big mess on your counter, so I would definitely say, the MINI Plus is not as child-friendly as our Special Edition brewer. It is definitely important to be paying attention to the process.
- Also, because it’s made for small spaces, it can’t accommodate my big iced tea glasses. It is definitely designed with the hot beverage drinker in mind, although it IS possible for you to put ice in a mug and brew cold beverages.
- And you can only add enough water to make one cup at a time. This means the water isn’t heated until you start the brewing process. It’s around two minutes from start to finish, which isn’t a big deal for one person. But if all the kids and grandbabies want hot chocolate and hubby wants his coffee and I need a glass of iced tea, the Special Edition is our perfect solution. The MINI Plus is ideal for a college student or in your workshop, but our family loves the option of the large, always ready reservoir of our Special Edition Brewer.
Our MINI Plus arrived with 12 K-Cup samples in the box and we are enjoying testing each one, as well as brewing old favorites. With fall peeking around the corner, promising to be here soon, I’m longing for cool, crisp evenings on the deck with a cup of hot apple cider and good friends to visit with. Mmmm! Plus, it’s almost time to make Apple Cider Doughnut Holes! What a great snack for fall! With my Keurig brewers, I don’t have to run to the store to buy a gallon jug of cider before I can whip up a batch. With the handy K-Cups already on hand, I can fresh brew the Hot Apple Cider, in just the amount I need and have a fabulous autumn snack in no time at all. (Be watching for the recipe in an upcoming post! You’re going to LOVE them!)
And for those of you, like us, who are still enjoying those hot days of Summer, Southern Sweet Tea from Celestial Seasonings, is one of many iced tea varieties that your family can enjoy to cool off and feel refreshed. Our family enjoys several of them. Believe it or not, I and my youngest LOVE to brew the English Breakfast Black Tea K-Cups from Celestial Seasonings over ice. It’s the perfect unsweetened flavor for our thirsty tastebuds! My husband thinks everything is better with sugar, though, so he loves the Half & Half K-Cups, (half lemonade, half tea). No matter what your taste, there is a K-Cup that will fit it, your mood and the season perfectly!
My husband is the resident coffee connoisseur in our home and that’s where Keurig has become my best friend. Rather than buying large cans or bags of coffee and beans, that can be so expensive and often sit in the cupboard until they are stale and unappealing, I can have a large variety of K-cups available for him, so he can “mix-it up” and enjoy something different every day if he chooses. He has his tried and true favorites like Nantucket Blend, but he loves to experiment and try new flavors, too. Right now he is loving Van Houtte Cafe’s French Vanilla and Barista Prima Coffeehouse’s French Roast.
And for those cool nights on the way, the kids and I always look forward to steamy, sweet and spicy mugs of Cafe Express Chai Latte (My girls call it Thanksgiving in a cup. 🙂 ) and Cafe Express Dark Hot Chocolate or Milk Hot Chocolate. Perfect treats for warming you right down to your toes on a crisp, fall evening!
So, what kind of household are you? Big or small? Hot or iced? Coffee, tea, or cocoa? At Keurig, there’s a brewer and a flavor that is PERFECT for you! And generous, as always, Keurig is sponsoring a giveaway to help you test that out! One Busy-at-Home reader will win a Keurig MINI Plus and assortment of K-Cups as part of my 50th Birthday Bash! Here’s how to enter.
You must be 18 or older and a resident of the U.S. to enter. The mandatory entry must be completed before any optional entries will count. Deadline to enter is midnight (CST) Sunday, September 4, 2011.
What’s your best fit? Visit the Keurig online store and find the brewer that is perfect for your home or workspace. Leave a comment below that tells me which one you chose and where you would use it.
Optional Additional Entries:
- Like Keurig on Facebook and leave them a little note letting them know how much you appreciate this fantastic giveaway at Busy-at-Home. Leave a comment below letting me know you did. Be sure to include your Facebook name, so I can find you in their fans list.
- Follow Busy-at-Home on Twitter. Leave a comment letting me know you’ve done it.
- Like Busy-at-Home on Facebook. Leave a comment letting me know you’ve done it.
- Follow Busy-at-Home on Google Friends Connect. Use the “Join” button in the right-hand sidebar. Leave a comment letting me know you’ve done it.
- Subscribe to the Busy-at-Home Newsletter (in the right-hand sidebar). You will receive an email confirmation with a link that must be clicked to confirm your subscription. Once you click the email link to confirm your subscription, leave me a comment to let me know you’ve done it.
- Post this giveaway on your Facebook page. I’m entered to win a fabulous Keurig MINI Plus Brewer and K-Cups sampler from Keurig & Busy-at-Home! http://busy-at-home.com/win-a-keurig-mini-plus-brewer-in-our-review-and-giveaway-birthday-bash-surprise-2/ Leave a comment below with a link to your post.
- Tweet this giveaway (1x daily) : I’m entered to win a fabulous Keurig MINI Plus Brewer and K-Cups sampler from Keurig & Busy-at-Home! http://busy-at-home.com/win-a-keurig-mini-plus-brewer-in-our-review-and-giveaway-birthday-bash-surprise-2/ #giveaway Leave a comment below with a link to your tweet.
I received a Keurig MINI Plus Brewer and sample K-Cups in order to test them and conduct this review. No monetary compensation was received and as always, at Busy-at-Home, views and opinions expressed are wholly my own.