I love talking recipes with my daughter, Tia, and she just sent these three that I have been anxiously waiting to try. Her email, this evening, said that the first two recipes are ones she has made for her own family, with great success. I happen to know she was almost barred from exiting a church potluck this weekend because she was trying to take her cake pan home, which still contained a few delectable Rocky Road Bars. After surrendering the goodies, she was allowed to pass. – lol – The last recipe is for a yummy bar cookie that we tasted at a Christmas program in December. Her sweet, clever husband was able to wrangle the recipe from a co-worker, so we all have a chance to try making them on our own.
Tia says she doubles this first recipe and it usually leaves enough leftovers for the girls for lunch the next day.
Easy Chicken Lo Mein
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 tablespoon oil, sesame or peanut oil (I’ve used olive or vegetable oil)
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into thin slices (I’ve used left over turkey)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce or teriyaki sauce
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated ginger or 1 teaspoon powder
- (1) 3-ounce package chicken flavor ramen noodle soup
- (1) 1-lb bag frozen mixed oriental vegetables
- 1/4 cup water
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add chicken and cook, stirring frequently, until no longer pink.
- Add vegetables and lid. Cook until vegetables are cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- In the meantime, cook the noodles (without the flavoring packet) according to package directions. Drain.
- Add soy sauce, garlic, ginger and seasoning packet to water. Mix well. Pour over chicken and vegetables, add noodles and toss to mix.
I believe this recipe originated at the Kraft Recipes website.
Rocky Road Crunch Bars
what you need
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 4 cups JET-PUFFED Miniature Marshmallows
- 6 cups POST HONEY BUNCHES OF OATS Cereal
- 1 cup PLANTERS COCKTAIL Peanuts, chopped
- 4 squares BAKER’S Semi-Sweet Baking Chocolate, chopped (I used 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips)
MICROWAVE honey and butter in large microwaveable bowl on HIGH 1 min.; stir until well blended. Add marshmallows; toss to coat. Microwave 1-1/2 min. or until marshmallows are puffed; stir until well blended.
ADD remaining ingredients; mix well.
PRESS cereal mixture firmly into greased foil-lined 13×9-inch pan. Cool. Cut into 24 bars.
Salted Nut Roll Bars
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 egg
- 3 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 12 oz package peanut butter chips
- 1/2 cup white corn syrup
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 cups salted peanuts
- 2 cups rice krispies
Combine 1st layer and press into 9×13 pan and bake 10-12 minutes at 350°.
Place 2nd layer onto first layer and bake 3 minutes or until marshmallows puff up.
Melt chips, corn syrup and butter, add vanilla.
Pour over peanuts and rice krispies, spread over marshmallows.
Refrigerate and cut into bars.
This blog is linked to Tasty Tuesday .