“Mom! Where’s my shoes, dance bag, mittens, lunch box…?” (You fill in the blank, because I know you know just what I mean.)
“It’s on the shelf in the front hall closet.”
“There’s a SHELF in the front hall closet??!!!??”
Houston, we have a problem. 🙂 I love our new home and am so happy to be settled, but like most houses it has a few little quirks. The depths of the deep, dark abyss that is our front hall closet is one of them. It’s actually quite lovely, if you could see it. An expedition with a flashlight will reveal two full-width upper shelves above an ample coat bar and to the right, four more shelves built into the side-wall. It really is fairly spacious and abounds with storage space, if we could only see it. But alas, as with many homes of its generation, the builder did not think to install a light. The closet is near the front door, but situated at an angle where no natural light is received for the wonderful two-and-a half-foot deep storage shelves along the side wall. That means that some of us are not aware that we could be storing things on the closet shelves and SOME of us can’t find the things we already tossed into that place where all lost mittens and mismatched shoes go to retire.
Imagine my delight when I received an opportunity through Mom Spark Media, to review a Mr. Beams Anywhere Ceiling Light. It is completely wireless, running on four C batteries. It emits a brilliant, white LED light that is motion activated. I love that! It pops on the minute I open the closet door and shuts itself off after 30 seconds with no movement. That’s better than a light switch! It also has a photocell that prevents the light from turning on if there is sufficient daylight without it, so it is designed to really protect your batteries. Never having to replace the lightbulb is another amazing feature. The light even came with it’s own mounting plate and screws. It was an easy install and if I was willing to give it up (I definitely am not!), it would be easy to take down and move into some of the other ill-lit spots in our home. Best of all, I can’t believe how much light comes from that small fixture! I’m so pleased.
Mr. Beams Anywhere Lights are weatherproof, so they can be installed indoors or out. Use them to light up a shower stall, decks, porches, entry ways, closets, stairs, garages, attics or crawl spaces. The possibilities actually seem limitless, too me. As a matter of fact, we will likely add one or two more to our collection of no-light closets. The great thing is that Mr. Beams has provided Busy-at-Home readers with a 20% discount off your orders by using our exclusive coupon code, MRBEAMS36. Now, you can save money and try out these fabulous lights for yourself!
Plus, Mr. Beams has generously offered to sponsor a giveaway of one of these fabulous lights for a Busy-at-Home reader!
You must be 18 or older to enter and reside in the U.S. The mandatory entry MUST be completed for any optional entries to be counted. Winner will be selected by random drawing using random.org. Deadline to enter is midnight (CST), Sunday, January 30, 2011.
In a comment below, tell me where a Mr. Beams Anywhere Ceiling Light would be perfect to light up the dark in your house.
Additional Optional Entries:
- Follow Mr. Beams on Twitter and leave a comment, below, letting me know you did, as well as your Twitter handle.
- Like Mr. Beams on Facebook and leave a comment, below, letting me know you did, as well as your Facebook Name.
- Follow Busy-at-Home on Twitter. Leave a comment letting me know you’ve done it.
- Like Busy-at-Home on Facebook. Leave a comment letting me know you’ve done it.
- Follow Busy-at-Home on Google Friends Connect. Use the “Join” button in the right-hand sidebar. Leave a comment letting me know you’ve done it.
- Subscribe to the Busy-at-Home Newsletter with this link (or in the right-hand sidebar). You will receive an email confirmation with a link that must be clicked to confirm your subscription. Once you click the email link to confirm your subscription, leave me a comment to let me know you’ve done it.
- Post this giveaway on your Facebook page. Enter to win a Mr. Beams Wireless Anywhere Light at Busy-at-Home! http://busy-at-home.com/theres-a-shelf-in-the-front-hall-closet/. Leave a comment below with a link to your post.
- Tweet this giveaway (1x daily) : Enter to win a Mr. Beams Wireless Anywhere Light at Busy-at-Home! @busyathome @MrBeamsLED #review #giveaway http://ow.ly/3IgeR Leave a comment below with a link to your tweet.
.I was provided a Mr. Beams Anywhere Ceiling Light, through Mom Spark Media, in order to test the product and conduct this review. A second light will be provided for the giveaway prize and shipped directly to the winner. No monetary compensation was received and a positive review was not required. The views and opinions expressed are wholly my own.