The first week of back-to-school can be a HUGE adjustment for families transitioning from summer to more busy and rigid schedules. Options for simplifying dinner, packing quick and easy lunches and offering tasty after-school snacks are on the mind of the good people at Kraft Foods and they have some fantastic, not to mention delicious, ideas for helping you navigate that familiar “first week back”. They know that saving time in the kitchen means you’ll have more time for family, and homework and laundry and…. maybe, a bubble bath! lol You get the idea. Kraft understands that busy families sometimes just need a little help pushing through that first week and some of the other hectic, activity-filled weeks that will inevitably follow.
Some of the Kraft products we tested out for OUR “first week back” are:
- CAPRI SUN Super V Juice – Fruit Punch: CAPRI SUN Super V is a new refreshing fruit & vegetable juice drink that kids will enjoy and moms will feel good about serving. The new ready-to-drink beverage, which comes in the popular CAPRI SUN pouch, contains a combined serving of fruits and vegetables (3/4 from fruit juice and 1/4 from vegetable juice) and is a good source of fiber, offering a perfect blend of nutrition, great taste and “kid cool.” The kids slurped these down with great gusto! Vegetable juice never entered the conversation. They just liked the way they tasted – plain and simple. It’s hard to argue with great taste, even if Grandma does say it’s good for you. 🙂
- LUNCHABLES with Smoothie: The new Turkey and Cheddar Sub Sandwich with Chiquita® Strawberry Banana Smoothie and Double Stuf OREOS is the perfect first-day lunch time option and combines all of your kids’ favorites! You can also try the new Chicken Strips and Deep Dish Pizza options to add some variety to lunchtime! Plus, look out for more exciting Lunchables news coming your way, next month, directly from the Lunchables team 🙂 When my older kids were little, Lunchables were the ultimate treat. Now, my grandkids feel the same way and I love what a treat something so fast and simple for me, can be to them. We tried the variety that let the kids build their own mini sub sandwiches with turkey, cheese and condiments. They also included fruit smoothies and Oreo cookies. What kid wouldn’t love that?
- JELL-O with Mix-Ins Pudding Packs: Feed your family an evening snack, without the guilt, with new JELL-O with Mix-Ins. These pudding snacks featuring tasty toppings and creamy pudding that, when mixed, create some of your favorite dessert flavors. Flavors include: Strawberry Shortcake, OREO Dirt Cup, Birthday Cake, German Chocolate Cake, Turtle Sundae and Banana Caramel Pie. JELL-O with Mix-Ins are 160 calories or less and are made with real milk, are a good source of calcium, and contain no artificial sweeteners. Our local Walmart didn’t have these fun treats in stock, yet, but we are definitely anxious to give them a try. I’m not gonna lie. That Turtle Sundae is definitely calling my name!
- CHIPS AHOY!: Whether it’s packed as a surprise lunchbox treat or with some milk after school—you won’t be able to resist Chewy Gooey Caramel CHIPS AHOY! and Chewy CHIPS AHOY! with Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups. One, infused with a soft caramel inside, the other, a chewy treat packed with Reese’s Peanut Butter cup pieces. It was a dead tie, at our house, as to which of these Chips Ahoy! varieties was the favorite. Well, here’s the skinny on these cookies. Most of us would probably not classify these as a healthy snack. I know. I know. – lol – But, oh baby are they good and what a fun treat, once in a while. When you want something extra special as a treat, your kids will thank you for choosing these deliciously soft and chewy cookies. We all liked both varieties, but never could come to a full-fledged agreement as to which should be ranked #1. 🙂 Personally, I think these cookies are not just a treat for kids and could become a mom’s best-kept secret. I can’t divulge any detailed information, but there may or may not be a private stash somewhere in OUR home.
- New! VELVEETA CHEESY SKILLETS Dinner Kits in Creamy Beef Stroganoff and Lasagna: Craft your family a quick, easy, molten and melty dinner made with the liquid gold of VELVEETA. Wield your skillet and one pound of ground beef to forge a feast of new Creamy Beef Stroganoff, with premium seasonings, curly ribbon pasta, and creamy VELVEETA cheese sauce. Or, forge VELVEETA CHEESY SKILLETS Lasagna by smiting together one pound of ground beef, lasagna noodles, red sauce and premium seasonings together with the liquid gold of VELVEETA. Our family absolutely LOVED these!!! I am not a big “helpers”-type boxed dinner kind of cook, but the flavor of these new Velveeta Cheesy Skillets is really good. Both varieties were hits with the family and I have no doubt that I will be buying them, again, when I’m in a pinch for time and need to get a tasty dinner on the table.
- sweat-free ice pack from Kids Konserve
- germ-x hand sanitizer
- colorful twirly straws
- meal planner pad
- calendar stickers
- memo pad
- Which of the Kraft Foods products, listed above, would your hungry family most enjoy trying? Leave a comment on this blog post to tell me which one.
- Use the Rafflecopter form below, to submit your entry and to open the additional optional entries.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
I received the Kraft Fresh Takes prize pack, pictured above, in order to test the products in my own kitchen and collect data for this review. No monetary compensation was received and a positive review was not required. As with all Busy-at-Home reviews, the views and opinions expressed are wholly my own and based on my personal experience with the product. While Busy-at-Home administers the giveaway and randomly selects the winner, the prize is provided and shipped by Kraft Foods.