The Blogiversary celebration continues with a delicious recipe for a quick and easy supper and a generous giveaway from Farmhouse Foods! I recently received a sampler pack of 10 different varieties of Farmhouse Foods side dishes, five pasta and five rice. I was particularly excited to give them a try, since my husband has a severe sensitivity to MSG. They have no artificial preservatives or ingredients and no MSG. They are fast and easy to prepare and would be excellent on those “need dinner in a hurry” nights. While they were all tasty, without a doubt, the rice dishes were our favorite and I can’t wait to share the delicious recipe for Stuffed Peppers that I created to use a couple of them in.
- 9 bell peppers, any color
- 2 boxes Farmhouse Foods Rice, any variety, prepared according to package directions
- 2 cups ground beef, browned and drained
- 2 (8 oz) blocks cream cheese, softened
- ⅓ cup green onion, minced
- 3 Tablespoons Italian parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tub Knorr Homestyle Chicken Stock
- ½ cup Colby Jack Cheese, shredded
- 2 Tablespoons Italian Panko Bread Crumbs
- Wash peppers and remove tops, leaving them whole, but hollow so filling can be placed inside.
- Blanch peppers 1 minute in boiling water and then plunge into ice water (called shocking). This stops the cooking so peppers retain their bright color.
- For the filling, mix the cream cheese and tub of Knorr chicken stock.
- Add the ground beef, green onion, parsley and prepared rice mix. (I used one box of long grain and wild rice and one box of wild and brown rice.) Mix until filling is thoroughly combined
- Fill each pepper until the filling mounds slightly over the top. Place filled peppers on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Sprinkle each pepper with shredded cheese and then Panko.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes, until cheese has melted and filling is bubbly.
One winner will win a 10 box gift pack of Farmhouse Foods Pasta and Rice side dishes. You must be 18 or older and a resident of the U.S. to enter. Mandatory Entry must be completed before any optional entries will count. Winner will be selected in a random drawing using random.org. Deadline to enter is midnight, (CST), Sunday, November 6, 2011. Winner will be notified by email and have 48 hours to respond with shipping information. After 48 hours, a new winner will be selected.
Visit Farmhouse Foods, and in a comment below, tell me which variety of Farmhouse rice or pasta you would like to try.
Optional Additional Entries:
- Like Farmhouse Foods on Facebook. Leave a comment below with your Facebook Name to let me know you’ve done it.
- Follow Busy-at-Home on Twitter. Leave a comment letting me know you’ve done it.
- Like Busy-at-Home on Facebook. Leave a comment letting me know you’ve done it.
- Follow Busy-at-Home on Google Friends Connect. (click the JOIN button in the right-hand sidebar.) Leave a comment letting me know you’ve done it.
- Subscribe to the Busy-at-Home Newsletter with this link or in the right-hand sidebar. You will receive an email confirmation with a link that must be clicked to confirm your subscription. Once you click the email link to confirm your subscription, leave me a comment to let me know you’ve done it.
- Tweet this giveaway (maximum of 1x per day, please). Win 10 delicious Farmhouse Foods Rice & Pasta Side Dishes + try my recipe for Savory Rice Stuffed Peppers! @busyathome http://ow.ly/77KQx Leave a comment below with a link to your tweet.
- Post this giveaway on your Facebook page. Win 10 delicious Farmhouse Rice and Pasta Side Dishes and try Busy-at-Home’s recipe for Savory Rice Stuffed Peppers. http://ow.ly/77KQx Leave a comment below with a link to your post.
I received the Farmhouse Foods gift pack in order to evaluate the product and conduct this review. No monetary compensation was received and a positive review was not required. As always, at Busy-at-Home, the views and opinions expressed are wholly my own.
This recipe post is linked to Tasty Tuesday.