I received a Rubbermaid Reveal Spray Mop in order to test it in my own home and gather information for this review. No monetary compensation was received and a positive review was not required. As with all Busy-at-Home reviews, the views and opinions expressed are wholly my own and based on my personal experience with the product.
Has the “spring cleaning bug” hit at your house, yet? You know that time of year where we just feel compelled to throw open the windows, air out the house, discard unused items and deep clean everything? It’s the season of rearranging furniture, repainting and DIY projects; and it’s finally here, in southeast Nebraska. After what has seemed like an unending winter, we finally experienced what I hope will be our last snow and hard frost, last week. It’s nearly May after all. Enough with frozen rain, already. And yes, I am dying to open up the house and dig in to do some organization and cleaning, so the timing was perfect to receive my new Rubbermaid Reveal spray mop. I had no idea how much I would love it!
Mopping has never been a favorite chore, especially when it came to lugging around a bucket of soapy water, sloshing, wringing, re-sloshing in the now less than pristine water and so on and so forth. So, when the option to just put a disposable damp sheet on a “mop” and clean up without all the mess came along, I was excited. The problem is that those disposable cloths can get pretty pricey, over time, and you know we are striving to use fewer and fewer chemicals in our home. My new Rubbermaid Reveal Spray Mop offers a solution on all counts. I can fill the refillable bottle with whatever, chemical-free, homemade cleaner I am comfortable with. This solution is not only affordable, it’s downright frugal. Plus, since my cleaner is water and cleaning strength white vinegar, it is chemical free and effective at cleaning, while still being safe for my family.
We LIVE in our home, from the oldest of us to the youngest grandchild, so dirt and messes just naturally happen. I don’t have time to mess with a product that doesn’t do a job effectively, quickly and easily. If it isn’t sturdy or is complicated to use, it immediately loses its value to me. The reasons I love the Rubbermaid Reveal Spray Mop are simple:
- It comes pre-assembled.
- It has a sturdy construction that gives me confidence it will last for a long time.
- I don’t ever need to purchase more disposable anything, to be able to use it.
- I can choose the type of cleaning products that go into it.
- It has a removable microfiber pad that I can wash with my regular laundry and use over and over again, up to 100 washes. (Extra microfiber pads are available, individually, if you want to have more than one or wear out the one you’re using.)
- The microfiber pad does an excellent job of cleaning and doesn’t leave my floors looking streaked.
- I can use the Reveal Spray Mop on hardwood, vinyl or tile without changing anything.
- The mop head turns, swivels and even folds flat to get in, under and around things and for easy storage in a small corner of the closet.
- It fits well with our lifestyle changes to try and reduce waste, use fewer chemicals and make healthier environmental choices.
- My kids can use it! Actually, the grandkids ASK to use it. 🙂
- It doesn’t leave puddles, behind. I control how much liquid is sprayed on my floor with the easy trigger sprayer.
- Flipping the mop head upside down, puts a non-scratch scrubber pad in contact with my floor surfaces, to help scrub out stubborn spots or stuck on food.
- No batteries!
The exact formula I used for my floor cleaner is 1/2 cup cleaning strength white vinegar and enough water to finish filling the quart-size bottle. This solution, in combination with the Rubbermaid Reveal Spray Mop, is the perfect “fix” for my spring cleaning compulsion. You’ll find that the vinegar smell dissipates almost immediately and if it bothers you too much, you can always add a few drops of essential oil to your solution, too. I love this mop and won’t be going back to the old-style conventional mop, ever again.
Mandatory Entry: To enter the giveaway, for a chance to win your own Rubbermaid Reveal Spray Mop, leave a comment on this post with your best spring cleaning tip. Then use the Rafflecopter form, blow, to register your comment. It’s that simple!
a Rafflecopter giveaway