I had a blast shopping with my eleven-year-old, in Lincoln, this week. She and I don’t get to do something like that — just the two of us — very often. I always forget, until I see the wonder and excitement in her eyes, how new so much of life still is to her. She toodles around our small town with us and is a busy girl, but I forget that her exposure to the city has been pretty limited. I love getting to see everyday, common experiences become something new and “awesome” through her eyes! So much fun and laughing! We shopped for a birthday party, buzzed through a home store, went out to lunch, and to polish off our trip, I took her to get frozen yogurt and smoothies at Red Mango. Oh yum!!! Have you ever visited one? It’s fantastic!
Red Mango was another new experience for her and as a self-proclaimed fro-yo connoisseur, she was very enthusiastic to try it out. She spied the store front while we were still driving down the street, looking for that parking spot. She was anxious to hop out of the car and jump into the hustle and bustle of the city sidewalks, on our way inside.
Red Mango, one of the fastest-growing retailers of all-natural frozen yogurt and fresh fruit smoothies, just launched 22 brand new superbiotic summer smoothies in four lifestyle-centered categories:
- Body Balance: Flavorful and functional yogurt smoothies formulated with beneficial boosts
- All Fruit Harmony: Refreshing dairy-free and soy-free smoothies made only with fruit, juice and ice.
- Twisted Fruits: Smooth and creamy signature yogurt smoothies offered in new and innovative fruit-forward flavors.
- Just Kidd’n: Naturally delicious, snack-sized fruit and yogurt smoothies, blended just for kids.
Red Mango is also introducing a brand new line of smoothie “boosts” that have been formulated to meet the nutritional and dietary needs of today’s health-conscious consumers who find it increasingly important to embrace a wholesome, well-balanced diet. In addition to the protein, energy, immunity and multivitamin boosts currently available, Red Mango has added four new boosts which have been formulated with natural, wholesome and innovative ingredients:
- Metabolic Fit 360™: A proprietary blend of protein, calcium and African Mango which supports metabolic balance and promotes healthy weight management.
- Dark Chocolate Mate: Finely ground, Brazilian roasted maté and dark chocolate; a delicious, rich, low-calorie flavor which also supplies a nice dose of antioxidants.
- Tropical Hibiscus: Finely ground, premium Nigerian hibiscus blossoms infused with natural pineapple and lychee; a bright and tropical low-calorie flavor and antioxidant boost.
- Green Tea Acai: Finely ground, premium green tea with acai berries, the Amazonian superfruit; a low-calorie antioxidant boost made with the best ingredients.
Dan Kim, founder and chief concept officer of Red Mango, explains, “At Red Mango, we fortify all of our frozen yogurt and yogurt-based smoothies with a special type of probiotics called Super Biotics. They’re super because unlike the extremely fragile probiotics in most ordinary yogurt, Super Biotics have been clinically proven to survive the strong acids in our stomachs so that they can actually do their job keeping our digestive and immune systems healthy when we eat right and exercise too.” That’s good news, because some of us need all the help we can get when given free reign at a topping station! 🙂 Just sayin’!
It’s definitely a tough decision, deciding what to have and which flavors to try, but Red Mango makes it a little simpler, by offering you sample cups to test out the different flavors. One wall of the shop is lined with self-serve fro-yo machines and you simply fill the sample cups with the flavors you’re interested in testing. I tried White Peach, Pomegranate and Mango, to get the ball rolling. Then my little fro-yo expert headed for the Nutella, Vanilla Latte and Peanut Butter.
In the end, we decided to share a Mango Smoothie, which ended up being a little to banana-y for us, and we each got a cup of our favorite frozen yogurt flavor. In reality, SHE got her favorite frozen yogurt flavor, (Nutella) loaded down with candy and cookies and some sort of strawberry gelatin bursting pearls! 🙂 Truly a kiddie sugar heaven at that topping station!
I opted for that fabulous White Peach yogurt with fresh strawberries. Seriously! I’m swooning just remembering it. It’s SOOOO good!
If you’ve never visited Red Mango, you definitely want to put it on your summer “bucket list”! You’ll love all the flavors and options for creating customized treats and smoothies. Plus, July 1 – 5, 2013 you’ll be able to take advantage of this tasty special: $2 Super Biotic Smoothies! That means you’ll pay only $2 (plus tax) for any regular size (16 oz) Super Biotic smoothie all day, July 1 – 5, in store. Only 16 oz Super Biotic smoothies are eligible for this offer. No coupon is required to redeem!