You know me. I love a challenge and I REALLY love recipes. This week, I had the chance to create a few of my own. Well, actually the challenge was to create one, but as a chronic overachiever and indecisive recipe selector, I made all three. You’re going to be so happy that I did!
Clear American Water was something new for our family. You’ll find it in the bottled water section of your local Wal-Mart. I was truly shocked at the vast variety of flavors that were available. You can buy individual-sized bottles, in 4-packs or the larger 33.8 oz bottles. Since my challenge was to create a recipe using Clear American Water, we opted for the larger bottles and selected every flavor available on our local Wal-Mart shelves. Even more amazing? Those large bottles were only 64¢ each. Compare that to a 20 oz soda at the check out stand. Clear American Water is a great bargain!
These yummy flavored waters packed a few more surprises for our family. They’re carbonated. We seriously loved them, just straight from the bottle. The flavors were delicious and served ice cold, they were incredibly refreshing. Plus, Clear American Waters have 0 sugar, 0 sodium, 0 caffeine and 0 calories. Surprises are good!
So, what are we making? Strawberry Slushies, Mandarin Orange Popsicles and Fruit and Cream Parfait Sodas! Are you hungry, yet?
I’ve made it super simple for you to go through my shopping experience and see the step-by-step photos of the creation of my three summertime treats. You’re going to love how quick and simple they are, which is critical in the midst of summer heat waves. When your family wants something cool and refreshing, now you’ll be able to offer them something fun, affordable and delicious. Watch my ThisMoment slideshow below, to learn how. (P.S. If you’d like to watch it full-screen with large print captions, feel free to view it on my ThisMoment page. It will open in a new window for you.) And there is a printable version of the Fruit and Cream Parfait Sodas recipe, at the bottom of this post. Enjoy!!!
- 2 cups various fresh fruits, sliced and chopped for parfaits
- ½ gallon vanilla ice cream
- Clear American Flavored Waters in varieties to complement your chosen fruit
- whipped cream (spray can works best)
- Put a layer of ice cream in the bottom of a pretty glass.
- Add a layer of fresh fruits, continuing to alternate ice cream and fruit layers until you are within 2 inches of the top of your glass.
- Pour your chosen flavor of Clear American Water over the parfait and fill until the foam reaches the top of your glass.
- Spray with whipped cream and garnish with fresh fruit.
- Add long spoons and a straw and collect tons of smiles as you pass out these yummy Parfait Sodas.
This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias, which is a vendor for Cott Beverages Inc., the manufacturer of Clear American ® brand beverages. The recipes are original and as always, at Busy-at-Home, the views and opinions expressed are wholly my own.