You all read our DIY list for our new house, in yesterday’s post. Well, here’s the first item to mark off the list!
Do you all remember my first raised bed gardens? They were so beautiful and productive! Then we went two summers without a garden, because of all the moving. I’m so excited to be settled and have the space to begin, again. The weather has definitely not been cooperative, but we’re giving it the good old college try, in spite of getting a late start.
As much as I loved those first raised bed gardens, I am even more enthusiastic about the Double Raised Bed Garden from the Greenland Gardener. I didn’t make even one trip to the lumber yard to purchase 2×6’s. There was no cutting or nailing or stapling or hammering. Each garden box is made from a wonderful composite wood blend, right here in the United States. I know a little bit about wood composite materials, now, since the deck at one of our previous homes ( in the picture above) was made from it. The boards are rot and insect resistant and they don’t require sanding or staining to maintain them. I’m looking forward to a long life from my Raised Garden Beds from the Greenland Gardener.
What a blessing to have had the opportunity to review this high-quality, simple to assemble garden bed! With my nine-year-old snapping pictures and about ten minutes of free-time, I was able to assemble this beautiful double bed with ease. The double bed kit includes 7 boards, 4 two-way corners, 2 three-way corners and 4 clips which can be used to stack the boxes vertically and create a deeper bed. My kit had the clips missing, but since I wanted to connect the boxes horizontally, I didn’t need them. The only other thing that surprised me about the kit was that it contained NO paperwork — not even one line of instructions. Fortunately, it was so easy to assemble, they were probably unnecessary, but I will admit I was somewhat surprised not to find any. That being said, I would not only recommend these sturdy square-foot gardens, I intend to purchase more of them to finish out our garden area, next summer.
Tomorrow, I’m going to show you how I leveled out the ground underneath the bed, tacked down some landscape fabric and planted my garden over the top of it. I’m also going to share some of the benefits of square foot gardening and some links to fantastic resources, but in the meantime, I want all of you to have the chance to visit the Greenland Gardener and order your own garden box kits. I have compared their prices to other sites and other brands of raised bed gardens and in my opinion, they are an incredible value for the price. Other square foot garden kits, that I have priced, are $50 or more for wood and over $100 for vinyl. Those prices are for a single 4×4 box. The Greenland Gardener double bed raised garden (That’s TWO 4×4 beds.), made from a long-lasting and durable wood composite, is only $72! Plus, they offer free shipping within the United States! It’s a great value and a frugal, one-time investment in grocery-savings and healthy food for your family.
More good news? You bet! Greenland Gardener has generously agreed to sponsor a giveaway of one of their excellent Double Bed Raised Garden Kits. One Busy-at-Home reader will win one for their own backyard.
You must be 18 or older and a US resident to enter. Mandatory entry must be completed before any optional entries will be counted. Winner will be selected in a random drawing using random.org. Deadline for entry is midnight (CST), Sunday, July 10, 2011.
Visit Greenland Gardener and in a comment below, share one gardening tip you learned at their site.
Optional Additional Entries:
- Like Greenland Gardener on Facebook and leave a comment to let me know you’ve done it.
- Follow Greenland Gardener on Twitter and leave a comment with your Twitter handle to let me know you did.
- Follow Busy-at-Home on Twitter. Leave a comment letting me know you’ve done it.
- Like Busy-at-Home on Facebook. Leave a comment letting me know you’ve done it.
- Follow Busy-at-Home on Google Friends Connect by clicking the Join Button in the right-hand side bar. Leave a comment letting me know you’ve done it.
- Subscribe to the Busy-at-Home Newsletter with this link or in the right-hand sidebar. You will receive an email confirmation with a link that must be clicked to confirm your subscription. Once you click the email link to confirm your subscription, leave me a comment to let me know you’ve done it.
- Tweet this giveaway (maximum of 1x per day, please). Grow your own fresh vegetables! Win a complete DOUBLE raised bed gardening kit from @greenldgardener and @busyathome http://ow.ly/5rHbt Leave a comment below with a link to your tweet.
- Post this giveaway on your Facebook page. Save money on groceries! Grow your own fresh vegetables! Win a complete DOUBLE raised bed gardening kit from The Greenland Gardener at Busy-at-Home http://ow.ly/5rHbt Leave a comment below with a link to your post.
I received a double bed raised garden kit from the Greenland Gardener, in order to test it and conduct this review. No monetary compensation was received and a positive review was not required. As with all Busy-at-Home reviews, the views and opinions expressed are wholly my own.