Snacks for kids should be fun; and as parents, we would also like them to be healthy. Candy is not the first thought that comes to mind, when we think of snacks, but it’s a great once-in-awhile treat. Did you ever eat lemon drops, as a kid! They had that rough, sour, tart, lemony outside and then sweet hard candy inside. That was the pucker power candy from my generation. It seems like every generation has had their “I dare you to try this” sweet treat. My older kids ate something called Cry Babies. Back in 1992, my two oldest girls and my niece and nephew stood in the driveway at my sister’s house and we videoed them daring to brave the sour candy. Just thinking of their faces cracks me up — squinty eyes, tongues out and lots of silly squealing — and yet, the next child down the line, popped the candy into their mouths to share the experience!
Raisels has put a new twist on sweet treats with pucker power, and kids and parents alike, are going to love it. Raisels are fruity flavored golden raisins that can be found in the dried fruit section at the grocery store. They contain no sodium, high fructose corn syrup or artificial sweetners; plus they are fat and cholesterol free, rich in antioxidants and contain 100% of the recommended daily allowance for Vitamin C. So, what’s the twist? It’s the sweet/sour candy coating on the outside. The coating tastes like other familiar fruits: sour apple, sour orange, sour lemon and sour peach. Sour watermelon is soon to be released and I’m anticipating that it will be my all-time favorite. No one was more shocked than this mom at how delicious this healthy snack turned out to be!
At our house the peach and orange were the first to disappear, with the apple and then lemon not far behind. Kids and adults grabbed one of the easy single-serving boxes when they were in the mood for a snack and I didn’t have to worry about “junk food”. My family would NEVER have grabbed a box of plain raisins as a snack, but Raisels were a first choice. While there is a small amount of added sugar in the coating on the outside (90% of Raisel’s sugar naturally occurs in the raisins), a serving of sweetened dried cranberries contains 5X more sugar, a bag of Skittles 19X more and a 12 oz can of soda has 17X more. In comparison, a serving of Raisels has slightly less total sugar than a 6 oz serving of Yoplait original strawberry yogurt and the same as a 3.25″ diameter apple. Best of all, the kids and grandkids love them!
Raisels are available at Walgreens and Target, Dollar General, Food Maxx, Price Chopper, Amazon and many other grocery chains. Check out stores in your area to give your family a chance to experience this fun, sour/sweet treat.
One lucky Busy-at-Home reader is going to win their own assortment gift pack of Raisels! Entering is simple!
You must be 18 or older to enter and reside in the United States. Mandatory entry must be completed before any other entries will be counted. Deadline to enter is midnight, (CST) Sunday, March 13. Winner will be selected using random.org and notified by email.
Visit Raisels website and pick the flavor that your family would love to try, first. Leave a comment below to tell me the flavor you picked.
Additional (Optional) Entries:
- Like Raisels on Facebook and leave a comment below with your Facebook name, letting me know you did.
- Like Raisels on Twitter and leave a comment below with your Twitter handle, letting me know you did.
- Follow Busy-at-Home on Twitter. Leave a comment letting me know you’ve done it.
- Like Busy-at-Home on Facebook. Leave a comment letting me know you’ve done it.
- Follow Busy-at-Home on Google Friends Connect. Use the “Join” button in the right-hand sidebar. Leave a comment letting me know you’ve done it.
- Subscribe to the Busy-at-Home Newsletter with this link (or in the right-hand sidebar). You will receive an email confirmation with a link that must be clicked to confirm your subscription. Once you click the email link to confirm your subscription, leave me a comment to let me know you’ve done it.
- Post this giveaway on your Facebook page. Enter to win an assortment pack of Raisels from @BusyatHome, a fun, new snack with sweet, pucker-power that will have your kids begging for more! http://busy-at-home.com//pucker-up-is-that-a-raisin-a-raisel-review-and-giveaway/ Leave a comment below with a link to your post.
- Tweet this giveaway (1x daily) : Enter to win an assortment pack of @Raisels from @busyathome! Sweet, pucker-power in a healthy snack your kids will love! http://ow.ly/44NIw Leave a comment below with a link to your tweet.
I received an assortment of Raisels, in order to test, and write a review ,of this product. No monetary compensation was received and a positive review was not required. Nutritional information was supplied by Raisel, while the views and opinions expressed are wholly my own. Raisels will send an assortment of product directly to the giveaway winner.