I wanted to step outside the beverage category when I created my second recipe for International Delights and I had a pretty good idea what I was going to try, but even I didn’t realize how fabulously this would turn out. As you know, we’re a hard-core chocolate cake kinda family and my go-to, favorite recipe is hard to beat. International Delights just helped me take that up a notch, though, and it was a rich and fudgey dream! This is a super-moist, deeply dense and delicious cake. It doesn’t raise super high, so don’t worry that you may have messed something up. You didn’t. It will be heavenly! Enjoy!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup International Delights French Vanilla Coffee Creamer
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla
- ½ cup cocoa
- 2½ cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup International Delights Vanilla Iced Coffee
- Cream the butter and sugar.
- Beat in coffee creamer, eggs and vanilla.
- Mix in the dry ingredients. Batter will be VERY thick and creamy. (Don't eat it! :))
- Add the coffee.
- Pour batter into a greased 9x13 cake pan and bake at 350 degrees for 35-45 minutes. Cake will be set, but still somewhat soft in the center. Toothpick test will not be a good test for this cake. If the cake has pulled away from the sides of your pan and the center is set, it's done. You don't want to overbake it.
- Place on a cooling rack to cool.
- Use your favorite frosting to cover the cake, once it has cooled. I had canned chocolate frosting in the pantry, so that's what I used, today. And just in case that wasn't awesome enough, I topped it with some fresh, homemade whipped cream! Pure decadence!
- For the optimum flavor and deliciousness, I like to chill this cake before serving. It is so moist and fudgey and good, cold from the refrigerator.
Do you have a fabulously creative recipe for using coffee? I’ll bet you could incorporate the delicious flavors of International Delights Iced Coffee and Creamers into many of your recipes, to create a fabulous new treat. I’d love to hear your ideas! Be sure to follow their Facebook and Twitter pages, to stay up to date on any news and to collect great ideas to try in your own kitchen!
I am a member of the Collective Bias™ Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias™ and International Delight. As with all Busy-at-Home reviews, the views and opinions expressed are wholly my own. #IcedDelight #CBias #SocialFabric