When I decided to try this super-simple recipe, my intention was to have some chicken breasts prepared for the week, that we could use on salads, in quesadillas, in sandwiches or on mini pizzas, etc. You know, quick-fix lunch things. What actually happened blew my mind! I have never had white meat chicken that was so delicious, so moist and so beautiful. I started out making lunch fixins’ and ended up making a beautiful meat entree that you (or I) would be proud to serve to guests at a dinner party! The genius new kitchen appliance that made this possible is my NuWave oven (which I have put a lot of miles on in just one week ). If you have never tried one, you will be amazed at all it can do. I will be posting a series of recipes, this week that I have made in it. The versatility is incredible! This is the one kitchen appliance you will keep on your counter at all times. You can buy one on their website, or if you haven’t entered, yet, be sure to click over to my GIVEAWAY and register to win one for your own kitchen.
Also, if you haven’t seen it, yet, check out my recipe for Perfect Grilled Cheese made in my NuWave!
- 5 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts (I had 7 HUGE ones, that I bought for $1.97/lb, which was only $9.87 total)
- seasoning salt (Just use your favorite. I used Country Bob's and it was amazing!)
- I seasoned the first side of my chicken breasts before I even took them off the packaging tray. That way my hands never even came in contact with the raw poultry. Shake the seasoning salt liberally over the meat to throughly coat it.
- Using a fork, I then place the chicken breasts in my NuWave oven on the 4 inch rack and lay them seasoned-side-down.
- Then use your seasoning salt, again, to liberally coat the other side of the chicken and place the cover on the NuWave oven.
- Leave the NuWave on high power (It automatically is defaulted to this, unless you change it. high power is 350 degrees.) and set cook time for 10 minutes.
- Hit start and wait for the timer to beep. When the timer goes off, tilt the cover back onto the holder and your chicken is ready to turn. Use a fork and flip each piece.
- Replace the cover and set a cook time of ten minutes, for the second side. My boneless skinless chicken breasts were huge and in the end, I added another three minutes, for a total of 13 minutes on the second side.
- Your temptation, now, will be to eat them immediately, but if you leave the lid on your NuWave and allow the chicken to rest for about ten minutes, before serving them, you will experience the most flavorfully moist and juicy white meat chicken you have ever eaten.
- Serve to guests as part of a very frugal and delicious meal!
The results of this delicious discovery were two-fold. First of all, I realized that for less than ten dollars, I had prepared a main dish worthy of a company dinner, meaning this could be used to frugally prepare a wonderful dinner party and it was done in only TWENTY THREE MINUTES! Amazing! Honestly, the chicken breasts I cooked were so huge, that had I planned on serving them as an entree, I would likely have cut most of them in half, making 12-14 servings for under $10! I love that! Secondly, I was so impressed with the way this chicken turned out, I went immediately to the grocery store and picked up a bird to try something I have never done before — roasting a whole chicken. Let’s just say, “I’m fabulous!” and I can’t wait to show you how easy and delicious that was! Watch for the recipe.