Oh my kitchen tool heaven! Have you found the OXO website, yet? Every wonderful kitchen tool you can imagine – in bold colors, modern designs and sturdy craftsmanship. Not only that, they have products for all through the house, to help with cleaning and laundry, baby care and more. I could browse their online catalog for hours, oooohing and aaahing and making a wish list! Love it! Love it! Love it!
I got a unique opportunity, this week, to try out their limited edition “Be a Good Cookie” spatula. The message etched into this perfectly-sized kitchen tool, is meant to be a reminder of the great cause that inspired it — Pediatric Cancer Research, through the Cookies for Kids’ Cancer Foundation. The spatula is constructed from stainless steel and covered in silicone. It’s strong and it’s ideal for non-stick cookware and bakeware. It even has one rounded corner to scrape sticky cookie dough from a spoon and an angled handle to protect hands from hot dishes and keep them from bumping fragile foods. It’s a tool you’ll find yourself reaching for almost every day.
Cookies for Kid’ Cancer is an organization formed by OXO employees, Gretchen and Larry Witt, who were inspired by their son, Liam’s, battle with pediatric cancer. OXO is a small company, employing fewer than 70 people, so they are a tight-knit group, viewing co-workers as family. The news of Liam’s illness hit all of them hard and they were anxious to support the Witt’s Cookies for Kids’ Cancer organization, baking cookies and holding bake sales. To date they have raised more than $150,000 to support Cookies for Kids’ Cancer and they still want to do more. They created the “Be a Good Cookie” spatula, to that end. It’s available at Bed, Bath and Beyond, on Amazon. OXO will donate 50% of the profits on every “Be a Good Cookie” spatula sold PLUS match the proceeds from all registered Cookies for Kids’ Cancer Bake Sales, until December 31, 2011, up to $100,000!
How can you get involved? There are several ways:
- Purchase a “Be a Good Cookie” spatula. They’re only $6.99 and eligible for free Prime shipping on Amazon. – 50% of the profits will be donated to Cookies for Kids’ Cancer.
- Send a Virtual Cookie to all your friends – You can send up to 25 cookies per day, using Facebook, and OXO will make a donation for each cookie sent, up to 10,000 cookies per week. There’s a new cookie every day. I sent Dark Chocolate Cranberry, today! 🙂
- Buy Cookies! – send all natural, fresh baked-to-order cookies. 100% of the profits fund pediatric cancer research
- Host a registered Bake Sale – Large or small, your bake sale will raise funds for new and less harmful treatments for pediatric cancer. Every dollar counts! To make the cause even sweeter, OXO will match proceeds from all bake sales, up to $100,000. What’s more, the Top 5 highest-grossing individual bake sales will be awarded $500 worth of OXO Baking Tools.*
- Make a secure, online, tax-deductible donation.
You’re going to see this spatula popping up in a LOT of blog posts, at Busy-at-Home, over the next few weeks as we bake cookies and candy in preparation for Christmas. Be sure to check back often, for recipes. In the meantime, be sure to enter the giveaway to win a “Be a Good Cookie” spatula and please share this post, spread the word and help to raise money for pediatric cancer research! You guys rock!
I received a limited edition OXO “Be a Good Cookie” spatula to test it and learn about Cookies for Kids Cancer, so I could complete this post. No monetary compensation was received and a positive review was not required. As with all Busy-at-Home reviews, the views and opinions expressed are wholly my own.