Once school starts, my mind seems to go more to fall “things” and fall flavors. I look forward to crunchy leaves and cool, crisp morning air, but also start craving flavors that I associate with autumn, like apples and caramel and cinnamon. The nice thing is that even though fall hasn’t officially arrived, I can incorporate a couple of those scrumptious flavors into a decidedly summertime dish. Well, in the interest of full disclosure…I would seriously eat this ice cream any time of year…and possibly for breakfast. 🙂 Just sayin’…. It’s soft, creamy, flavor-rich perfection and it’s only six ingredients! Musselman’s Apple Butter is the secret ingredient that explodes apple flavor into this scrumptious dessert. I think, my Caramel Apple Ice Cream recipe will forever change the way you feel about making homemade ice cream, for yourself. It’s that easy and that good. Enjoy!
I like using Musselman’s products in my cooking and baking and although it is definitely utilized in a sweet dessert, this time, Musselman’s Apple Butter is fabulous in savory dishes, too! It’s the perfect touch of sweet in summer grilling marinades. Think delectable, juicy grilled pork loins and smoky glazed chicken or fish. To get you thinking of all the great ways you can use Musselman’s Apple Butter, inside or out, sweet or savory, you can check out their recipe page. Even better? You can enter our #AppleButterSpin GIVEAWAY, sponsored by Musselman’s! The winner will receive a jar of Musselman’s Apple Butter, recipe cards and this fabulous Wilton Armetale Grillware Fish Griller!
Now, lets make some ice cream!
- 2 cups minced apple
- 1 cup Musselman's apple butter
- 4 cups heavy cream
- 2 cans sweetened condensed milk
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla
- 1 cup caramel sauce (Use your favorite. I used homemade)
- Place the cream, condensed milk, vanilla and apple butter in the bowl of your stand mixer and beat hard until the mixture becomes light and frothy. It won't be thick like whipped cream, but it will rise in volume to about double the original height.
- Pour the mixture into a large freezable container with a lid. It should be able to hold at least 3 quarts.
- Fold in the minced apples. Be sure these are finely minced.
- Drizzle the caramel sauce into the ice cream mixture and then use a wooden skewer or butter knife to gently "swirl" it through your ice cream.
- Cover the container and place in the freezer.
- Freeze for at least six hours, preferably overnight.
- Voila! Decadently delicious, soft serve ice cream! Enjoy!
GIVEAWAY: To Enter check out the recipes at Musselman’s that use apple butter. Leave a comment, on this post, telling me the one you would most like to try. Be sure to paste the link to the recipe in your comment. Register your comment using the Rafflecopter form, below, and you’re in! We’ll draw for a winner at midnight on August 20, 2014.
a Rafflecopter giveaway