Some days just don’t go the way we hope or plan. Schedules get juggled — added to — subtracted from — or just plain turned upside down. On those days where nothing goes the way we planned it, it can be truly difficult to put together a balanced meal for our families, that provides nutrition along with great taste. Making it budget-friendly is even more of a challenge when we’re short on time. Take heart, though! Resist the temptation to order a pizza or take-out. You can DEFINITELY have a creatively-crafted, flavor-rich and simple dinner on the table in no time using delicious Alexia Onion Rings with Panko Breading and Sea Salt and a handful of fresh, healthy ingredients from your own fridge.
I like to keep a bag or two of high-quality Alexia Foods onion rings in my freezer, at all times, for recipes and for snacking. The sweet Spanish onions are a great complement to so many dishes and the crisp, crunchy Panko breading is a MUST for me when I want a truly perfect onion ring. The Alexia brand is synonymous with quality, to me, so it’s a simple choice to reach for their farm fresh vegetable products in the freezer case when I’m shopping. The labels have only a handful of real-food ingredients – nothing I wouldn’t recognize by its name. I really appreciate that.
The wonderful aroma of this Ham, Cheese and Onion Ring Frittata will bring your whole family into the kitchen in anticipation of the deliciousness to come. It’s so easy to put together and with some tossed greens and fresh fruit you have a beautifully balanced and scrumptious meal on the table in just a little over 30 minutes. Doing a little prep the night before means you’ll be sharing this terrific dinner with your family in even less time!
Another bonus – did you need one more – besides easy, delicious, and quick? 🙂 I thought you might. Leftovers, if you have any, heat up in the microwave in seconds. No more excuses for not eating a great breakfast before you head out the door (or grabbing a cookie for lunch.) This tasty frittata is loaded with protein, vitamins and minerals, the veggies your family loves best and FLAVOR! It just makes sense — for breakfast, for brunch or for dinner. It’s versatile and delicious and your family is going to LOVE it!
- 12 large eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 (13.5 oz) bag Alexia Onion Rings with Panko Breading and Sea Salt
- 1 cup ham, finely minced
- ½ large bell pepper, finely minced
- 1 cup fresh spinach, kale or other favorite greens, finely minced
- 1½ cups grated sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Bake onion rings according to package directions.
- While onion rings bake, mince ham and vegetables and grate the cheese.
- Whip the eggs with heavy cream, salt and pepper.
- Remove the onion rings from the oven and arrange them in the bottom of a 12-inch cast iron skillet that has been lightly greased.
- Spread greens, peppers and ham over the onion rings.
- Layer the cheese over the meat and veggies.
- Pour the egg mixture over everything in the skillet.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 30-40 minutes, until center is set and the top is lightly browned.
- Cut into 8 generous wedges and serve with fresh fruit and a green salad.
Alexia Foods offers frozen potatoes, appetizers, breads and side dishes with minimal, but distinctive, real ingredients that serve-up exceptional taste. Alexia frozen sides are a delicious addition to a balanced meal with that little something extra and can be ready in 25 minutes—or less. Sign up for Alexia’s Club 350 newsletter for more great meal inspiration!
Alexia. Farm to Flavor.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Alexia . The opinions and text are all mine.