We had a BLAST testing the Plasma Car for this review! It’s a perfect gift idea for an entire family. Young and old, small and large have zipped around our house and neighborhood on this unique ride-on toy! (If you are reading from the feed, be sure you click through, so you can watch this fun video.)
I discovered Plasma Cars, last Christmas, as I surfed the web for unique gift ideas. They’re made by PlaSmart, a really cool company that specializes in entertaining and educational toys. I love that all the ideas they come up with are simple and require brain or muscle power, not batteries and tons of technology! So, when I got the opportunity to review and giveaway a Plasma Car, for our anniversary celebration, I was thrilled.
When the box arrived, we pulled out the handful of parts and had it assembled in under five minutes. It was simple to do and the instructions were clear and easy to understand. I was surprised at how sturdy it is, even though it’s all plastic — even the wheels. We haven’t limited access to the fun toy, for anyone, meaning even adults commonly make the loop through the parlor, kitchen, dining room and foyer of our house, testing out the Plasma car fun, without a bit of difficulty. Seriously, I’ve buzzed around on it myself. It’s strong and durable. There’s just something infectiously addicting about having the power to propel yourself without pushing, pulling or pedaling. The fact that you can make a 360° turn on a dime and go backwards as easily as forward, doesn’t hurt either. I will say that you definitely need a lot more arm muscle to go UP a hill than you did going down it! lol But, seriously, that’s a good thing and a healthy, fun form of exercise.
So, what makes it go? It’s as simple as wiggling that steering wheel back and forth. (Take a look at the video, again, and you’ll see what I mean.) Inertia, centrifugal force and friction are harnessed in those simple actions to propel the car forward and keep it going. It’s designed for smooth, flat surfaces, so our hardwood, vinyl and tile floors are perfect (Please note that Pla-Smart doesn’t recommend using the Plasma Car on hardwood, because there is always a chance it could scratch your floor. We have found that keeping the wheels wiped off, after it has been outside has been very effective at preventing this, but I will be honest and say that any of you who know me, know I want my home to be a welcoming place, where we live and have fun. I want to be a good steward of what I have, but scratches are going to happen. Just sayin’. A warm, welcoming fun place to be is more important for our family. The great news is that Pla-Smart has developed polyurethane wheels that should be available sometime in February and those will be a safer option for playing on hardwood floors.), even if the weather is nasty outside. There are so many positive features to this simple toy, not the least of which is working on some arm and upper body strength if you are working your way up a sloped surface. I could definitely see us adding at least one more to our “toy box”, simply because everyone wants in on the fun. Plus, think of the races!!! I’m picturing some interesting relays for our Jr. High Youth Group! 🙂 As a matter of fact, even the girls in my Freshman Bible Study group have to give it a whirl, each time they’re here.
With Christmas, just around the corner, it’s the perfect time to check out the Plasma Car website and find a retailer in your area or if you’re an online shopper, like me, Amazon offers them at a great price! Even better news?!!?!! Pla-Smart is generously sponsoring a giveaway to celebrate our two-year blogiversary, so one lucky Busy-at-Home reader will be able to enjoy this fun for free!
You must be 18 or older and a resident of the U.S. to enter. Mandatory Entry must be completed before any optional entries will count. Winner will be selected in a random drawing using random.org. Deadline to enter is midnight, (CST), Sunday, November 6, 2011. Winner will be notified by email and have 48 hours to respond with shipping information. After 48 hours, a new winner will be selected.
Visit Plasma Car, and in a comment below, tell me which color your family would choose.
- Like Plasma Car on Facebook. Leave a comment below with your Facebook Name to let me know you’ve done it.
- Follow Pla-Smart on Twitter. Leave a comment letting me know you’ve done it.
- Follow Busy-at-Home on Twitter. Leave a comment letting me know you’ve done it.
- Like Busy-at-Home on Facebook. Leave a comment letting me know you’ve done it.
- Follow Busy-at-Home on Google Friends Connect. (click the JOIN button in the right-hand sidebar.) Leave a comment letting me know you’ve done it.
- Subscribe to the Busy-at-Home Newsletter with this link or in the right-hand sidebar. You will receive an email confirmation with a link that must be clicked to confirm your subscription. Once you click the email link to confirm your subscription, leave me a comment to let me know you’ve done it.
- Tweet this giveaway (maximum of 1x per day, please). Crazy fun Christmas gift! Win a Plasma Car for your family, just in time for the holidays! @plasmart @busyathome http://ow.ly/7b6KX Leave a comment below with a link to your tweet.
- Post this giveaway on your Facebook page. Crazy fun Christmas gift! Win a Plasma Car for your family, just in time for the holidays! @plasmart @busyathome http://ow.ly/7b6KX Leave a comment below with a link to your post.
I received a Plasma Car in order to evaluate the product and write this review. No monetary compensation was received and a positive review was not required. As always, at Busy-at-Home, the views and opinions expressed are wholly my own.