Congratulations, Christina, #13!
David and I celebrated our 27th anniversary, this past weekend — time to ourselves, dinner out with a daughter and future son-in-law and a fun get-together with friends. It was a full and enjoyable weekend. I can honestly say that a company I had not heard of, previously, contributed mightily to the ease and enjoyability (Did I create another new word? 🙂 ) of my evening, on Sunday. Smarty Had a Party sells the beautiful AND disposable dinnerware that we used. My buffet table looked wonderful, with the pretty dishes and silverware, but clean-up was as simple as if I had used paper plates and cups. That’s what I call the best of both worlds — convenience AND elegance.
I received dinner plates, salad/dessert plates, bowls, mugs and silverware. The best way I know to show you how beautiful they were is to share lots of pictures, but I want to share a thought or two about the product, as well. The dinnerware I received to review was white and from the Classicware Collection at Smarty Had a Party. I had the ease and clean-up of using disposable dinnerware, but the beauty and elegance of fine dishes. I felt wonderful about the way the dishes looked for our party and they were definitely a hit and conversation topic with our guests. I immediately had to share the Smarty Had a Party web address, so our friends could plan for their own upcoming event — a graduation party. The dinnerware is very sturdy and waterproof. It’s high gloss finish also adds to the illusion that it is fine china when you first see it. The silverware does not betray that it is plastic until you reach down to lift it. It’s light weight is the giveaway. Until that moment, it looks like silver — shiny and beautiful.
If there was one thing I would change, it would be to design the handles on the mugs to be more solid. They wouldn’t stack as conveniently, but they would be safer, in my opinion. A couple mugs had the handles crack during use. None actually broke off, but with hot beverages, had the cracks continued completely through the handle, a severe burn could happen. Other than that, we found no other negatives about the Smarty Had a Party products. They are marvelous!
I had many questions from guests about being able to re-use the dishes and silverware. While this definitely defeats the purpose of the being able to conveniently dispose of them and make quick work of the cleanup, I was curious to find an answer for them. Of course the products were simple to clean up in a sink of hot soapy water, but I also tested to see if they could withstand the dishwasher. To my surprise and delight, they washed up beautifully — dinnerware and silver — in the dishwasher. The plates and mugs were cleaned on the top rack and the silverware was washed int the lower and retained its lustrous “silver” look.
I absolutely loved being able to review and use Smarty Had a Party dinnerware in my tablescape and for those times when paper plates are just not the “look” you want for your entertaining needs, I can highly recommend them for yours, as well.
One lucky Busy-at-Home Reader is going to have a chance to experience using high quality products from Smarty Had a Party. They have agreed to sponsor a giveaway for these pretty Mini Lanterns (a set of two), so you can create a beautiful centerpiece. Add greenery, ornaments, glassware, ribbons or other decorations and and the lanterns will be a perfect accent on your table for birthday parties, bridal or baby showers, Christmas or other holiday centerpieces. Enter below to win!
You must be 18 or older and a resident of the U.S. to enter. Mandatory Entry must be completed before any optional entries will count. Winner will be selected by random drawing using random.org. Deadline to register is midnight (CST), Sunday December 5.
Visit Smarty Had a Party and leave a comment below telling me one product you would like to try.
Additional Optional Entries:
- Like Smarty Had a Party on Facebook. Leave a comment below with your Facebook name to let me know you’ve done it.
- Follow Smarty Had a Party on Twitter. Leave a comment below with your Twitter handle to let me know you’ve done it.
- Follow Busy-at-Home on Twitter. Leave a comment with your Twitter handle letting me know you’ve done it.
- Like Busy-at-Home on Facebook. Leave a comment with your Facebook name letting me know you’ve done it.
- Follow Busy-at-Home on Google Friends Connect by clicking the join button in our right-hand sidebar. Leave a comment letting me know you’ve done it.
- Subscribe to the Busy-at-Home Newsletter with this link or in the right-hand sidebar. You will receive an email confirmation with a link that must be clicked to confirm your subscription. Once you click the email link to confirm your subscription, leave me a comment to let me know you’ve done it.
- Post this giveaway on your Facebook page. I’m entered to win a set of Mini Lanterns for a beautiful tablescape from Smarty Had a Party and Busy-at-Home http://busy-at-home.com/entertain-with-convenience-and-elegancea-review-giveaway/ Leave a comment below with a link to your post.
- Tweet this giveaway. (one x daily). I’m entered to win beautiful Mini Lanterns for a party tablescape from @SmartyHadAparty and @busyathome http://ow.ly/3eqFs Leave a comment below with a link to your tweet.
I received the Classicware Dinnerware and Silver Replica Flatware from Smarty Had a Party, through “>Tomoson, in order to conduct this review. No payment was received and the views and opinions expressed are wholly my own.