The Innotab 2, from VTech, puts all the latest technology in the hands of your kids, in a form that is designed just for them! Rugged and durable, like VTech’s MobiGo2, the Innotab gives kids the freedom to move around and be kids, taking the tablet with them where they play; and it gives you the peace of mind that it can hold up to the rigors of childhood enthusiasm. 🙂 I love this product! As a learning tool and as an all-around functional piece of electronics, I think it exceeds even the MobiGo2, just on sheer number of features. The one issue I had is that it drains batteries like crazy! My preference would be to have it arrive with an AC adapter that I can plug in and recharge an onboard battery, like a regular tablet. The use that it gets from very happy and excited kids means it needs to have a readily accessible source of back-up power and continuing to purchase batteries will be costly. With that being the only drawback, I can’t wait to tell you how much fun the kids have had with this “toy”. It’s hard to even think of it as such, because while it is tremendous fun, it is also educational and practical.
It has a 5” touch screen, tilt sensor, microphone, pop-up (onscreen) keypad, and a stylus that allow children to play games, create art, take notes, or use utilities like the onboard calendar or friends list all on one device. Other features include:
- Built-in digital photo/video camera fully rotates to take images and videos of others or yourself (My kids and grandkids ADORE this feature and have already put tons of miles on it! There are programs onboard that allow them to “goo” their snapshots, distorting them into all sorts of crazy shapes and proportions.)
- 2 GB onboard memory with SD card slot expandable up to 32 GB of memory (SD card not included)
- 5″ color touch screen and tilt sensor
- Camera, video camera, photo viewer, video player, MP3 music player, e-reader, art studio, games, and built-in microphone
- Personalize the InnoTab 2 for up to four users with photo wallpaper, user name and avatar, a voice greeting and typed greeting (Another feature I LOVE! You’ll remember this was one of the things I wished for with the MobiGo2 and I couldn’t be more excited to be able to have multiple users on this one device!)