I am learning so much as I continue to experiment with, and test, my Sousvide Supreme water oven. You’ll remember that I was able to create a scrumptiously, tender and moist Apple Sage Pork Loin, a few weeks ago. I have also tried a beef brisket and ribeye steaks. My mind seemed to naturally gravitate to meat when coming up with recipe ideas for cooking with this uniquely flavor-infusing method. What I’ve discovered is that cooking with a water oven is about so much more than meat. The benefits in time-saving from hands-off cooking and the rich flavors that can be cooked into almost any food, make it an excellent option for creating all kinds of tasty dishes.
Sunday morning is the one morning, each week, that our family is able to sleep in a little longer than usual, but it’s also a morning that is packed with activity, once we’re up. Besides the usual getting everyone through the shower and ready for church, I am also prepping and beginning the cooking of a lunch for 12-15 people, who will walk through the door AFTER church, ready to eat. Being the one morning when they have extra time to have a nice breakfast, my family also enjoys having something more interesting than a bowl of cereal, for Sunday morning breakfasts. I, on the other hand, would prefer not to create any more dirty dishes or add to the time I need to get up before everyone else, in order to add a second meal to my Sunday morning prep. My new Sousvide Supreme has helped me find a reasonable comprimise that makes all of us happy. Sunday mornings are the perfect time to use it for Easy, Delicious Scrambled Eggs.
This recipe makes scrumptious, flavorful eggs filled with bacon, cheese, veggies and herbs. I can mix them up in five minutes or less, pop them into my Sousvide Supreme and get on with my day. They need about 25 to 30 minutes to cook to a perfect, moist and tender breakfast, with no danger of burnt or scorched areas and no need for me to stand over them, stirring and turning. Enjoy!
- 8 eggs
- ⅓ cup milk
- ⅓ cup crisp fried bacon, chopped
- ½ cup extra sharp cheddar cheese, finely grated
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 2 teaspoons dried chives
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 green onions, minced
- 3 Tablespoons bell pepper, finely minced (I used yellow, because I had it on hand, but red, orange or green would work, just as well.)
- Preheat Sousvide Supreme water oven to 168 degrees.
- (Just like stovetop cooking, meat used in making scrambled eggs, cooked in the water oven, must be pre-cooked, so be sure bacon is fried crisp, drained and chopped.)
- Beat the eggs and milk until light and frothy.
- Stir in bacon, cheese, herbs, salt, pepper and vegetables.
- Pour egg mixture into cooking bag and vaccuum seal.
- Place the sealed bag into the pre-heated water oven.
- Allow to cook for 25 to 30 minutes.