#Choctoberfest Day 5! What a week we’re having! If you missed the recipes from Day 1 or Day 2, Day 3 or Day 4, be sure to click back and grab them. Plus, if you haven’t entered the GIVEAWAY for a gift basket with $350 in chocolate and chocolate making goodies, GO HERE and do that right away.
Tell me I’m not the only one who saves things like decorative candy boxes and cookie tins. C’mon…we’re friends…tell me it’s not silly to buy them at garage sales and thrift stores. You do that. Right? I love having pretty containers for gifting homemade candies and cookies and they are often so much less expensive than wrapping paper which is going to be tossed away. If you haven’t started your own collection, I want to encourage you to get a move on! lol It is almost Christmas, after all.
These delicious nut clusters are quick and easy to make, which makes them fabulous for the times when your chocolate cravings MUST be answered… and quickly! I also love all the nutrients, healthy fats and protein, not to mention antioxidants that are packed into every delicious morsel. We all know that candy is not health food, but this candy is probably the closest we will ever come. It is exponentially more healthy than typical candy bars. You’re gonna love them!
- Divine 70% Dark Chocolate (3.5 oz)
- Divine 85% Dark Chocolate (3.5 oz)
- Divine Chocolate 70% Bittersweet Chocolate Bar (5.3 oz)
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil
- 2½ cups of your favorite nuts (I used whole roasted almonds, pistachios and cashews)
- 1 Tablespoon of Just Hemp Foods hemp seeds (hulled or toasted salted both work, equally well)
- Melt coconut oil and chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl on full power. It took 2 minutes in my microwave.
- Remove the chocolate and coconut oil mixture from the microwave and stir vigorously to be sure it is thoroughly combined.
- Stir in the nuts and drop by spoonful onto a greased cookie sheet or waxed paper. Alternatively, mini baking cups can be used to form more uniform candies. That is especially nice when making them for gifts!
- While the chocolate is still wet, sprinkle some of your clusters with hemp seeds for an even greater protein and fiber boost
- Place in the refrigerator to set up and enjoy for a delicious and healthier snack, once they are firm enough to hold in your hand.
- Because of the coconut oil, you will need to keep the clusters refrigerated until you are ready to eat them, as coconut oil becomes liquid at room temperature.
[inlinkz_linkup id=561844 mode=1]