As the only non-coffee drinker in my household, you would think I would be less excited about the Keurig Special Edition Brewer sitting on my kitchen counter, this morning, but I can’t wait for all of you to see it! I wish you could all come by and have a cup of your favorite coffee, tea or cocoa. We could sit around the kitchen table and visit while we each had our own custom-made beverages.
When I think coffee brewer, I think of hot liquid and a welcoming coffee aroma. While the Keurig certainly does produce both, it does SO much more than that. It will totally change the way you think about making coffee. First of all, the vast array of available flavors is almost overwhelming! There are so many wonderful varieties to choose from. My family has been enjoying Wolfgang Puck’s Breakfast Blend coffee. It’s more mild and one of my husband’s favorites. My son-in-law and brother-in-law like more bold flavors in their coffee and have enjoyed trying Emeril Lagasse’s Big Easy Bold Coffee, as well as the Black Tiger Coffee and Jet Fuel, both by Coffee People. Green Mountain’s Flavored coffee variety pack with Hazelnut Dark Roast Extra Bold, Carmel Vanilla Cream, Wild Mountain Blueberry and French Vanilla flavors has also been a favorite. This barely scratches the surface of the multitude of hot coffee flavors that are available.
But what makes this brewer so completely unique is that it doesn’t stop at making just hot coffee. We were fortunate enough to also receive a yummy French Vanilla Iced Coffee to try and have since learned that any of the flavors available can be brewed over ice. Not a coffee drinker? Well, you’re in my club and I can tell you I still put plenty of miles on the Keurig Special Edition Brewer. I have enjoyed freshly brewed iced tea by the glass, multiple times a day, since we received this little gem. I absolutely love it! I can make hot tea, too and the kids have been drinking cocoa and white hot chocolate like there is no tomorrow, even in this ridiculous heat! This really is a machine that can accommodate every member of your family. The tea and cocoa varieties are as plentiful as coffee. Celestial Seasonings makes several varieties of herbal teas for the Keurig and we got to try them in their variety box that contains Green Tea, English Breakfast Tea, Lemon Zinger Herbal Tea and Sleepytime Herbal Tea. I’m looking forward to trying an Earl Grey, as that is always one of my favorite wintertime teas. There are so many more flavors to choose from than I could ever list here. You really MUST go to the Keurig website and browse through what’s available. You just won’t believe the options!
Since, I’m not a sugar-in-my-drinks kind of person, and it has been 9288 degrees here 🙂 , every day for a week, now, I have been loving the option of brewing tea over ice. The English Breakfast Tea is amazing that way. There are tons of iced tea varieties available, too. We got to try the Half and Half Perfect Iced Tea, which is half tea and half lemonade. We also sampled the Southern Sweet Perfect Iced Tea. I have a list of others I plan on trying, too. How about Tropical Breeze White Iced Tea, Sweet Berry Lime Green Iced Tea or Sweet Raspberry Perfect Iced Tea? Oh my goodness, I almost forgot to tell you about one of the most delicious teas of all. I had to come back here and edit this paragraph, because you have to know. It’s the Chai Latte by Cafe Escapes. Can I just say, “Aaaaaaagggghhhhhh.” It is every warm, wonderful Thanksgiving memory you have ever experienced all rolled up in a cup! Smooth, cinnamony, spicy, delish!!!
So far, we have tried Timothy’s White Hot Chocolate and the Hot Cocoa (Milk Chocolate) by Green Mountain. Both have been a hit with adults and kids, alike. In addition, there are two more Hot Chocolate varieties from Cafe Express and one from Ghiardelli.
Okay, so there are definitely a lot of flavors and varieties of beverages to choose from when you own a Keurig brewer, but let me give you a list of everything I love about this machine and why I believe it is such an amazing value.
- It is SIMPLE to use. Once the water reservoir was filled, my eight-year-old mastered this machine in a matter of seconds. Just fill the water reservoir, insert a K-cup, close the K-cup holder lid and select the button specific water amount for the strength you want for your beverage. Less than 30 seconds later, be sipping your custom drink!
- Yes, that’s right! I said select the water amount used to brew your beverage. There are THREE options: 6 oz, 8 oz or 12 oz. So, you can brew according to your mug or glass size and according to the strength you prefer. Awesome!
- The footprint on my counter is small. About one square foot or less, I would say. I haven’t actually measured, but it’s not much.
- It’s modern and stylish looking. Most of you know I don’t keep appliances on my counter. I hate clutter on my countertops and everything is stored in a cabinet or cubby until I need it, but as much use as this Keurig brewer is getting and as good as it looks, it has a place of honor on my counter.
- I have used all different sizes, shapes and types of cups and mugs in this machine, with the same great results. Ceramic mugs, glass drinking glasses and goblets and even plastic drinking glasses. The goblet I used for making a glass of tea was a hair’s width too tall and so I removed the drip tray and set the glass on the base of the brewer, where it fit beautifully. I brewed the tea, replaced the drip tray and it was back to business as usual.
- It is SO fun to be able to offer guests a choice from such a wide selection of delicious varieties. You will literally be able to offer something for every taste, perfectly brewed and instantly fresh!
- The machine comes with a one-year warranty and when I went online to register it, I received a coupon code for two free boxes of K-Cups with the purchase of two.
- The drinks are always up-to-the-minute fresh. No more stale coffee left in the pot from this morning or the end of a pitcher of iced tea made yesterday afternoon. The freshest most delicious taste is at your fingertips all the time!
- It’s FAST!!! I need to time this, but I am certain that it takes 15 seconds or less for the drink to actually brew. It’s simply amazing to watch.
- While this might not be as economical as brewing a plain old pot of coffee at home, I am convinced that anyone who is in the daily habit of purchasing a cup of coffee or specialty coffee drinks will save tons of money with this machine and K-Cups. Depending on the variety you are drinking and where you purchase them, the K-Cups we have been using are around 50¢- 70¢ each. Compare that to coffee out, which will be several dollars for a single cup. Plus, you get the variety and freshness right in your own home.
Keurig generously provided us their Special Edition Brewer and all the wonderful K-Cups, so that we could complete this review. They are also sponsoring a giveaway in our Blogmania 2010 giveaway event. One lucky Busy-at-Home reader will win a Keurig Special Edition Brewer and four assorted boxes of K-Cups. That’s almost a $200 value! Keurig has been such an amazing sponsor and their product quality and service have been great. I’m offering one Bonus Entry in our Blogmania drawings to readers who complete the following requirements.
Visit the Keurig website and select a variety of K-Cups that you would like to try. Then go to the Keurig Facebook page to copy and paste this note.
I’m visiting from Busy-at-Home http://busy-at-home.com/coffee-tea-or-a-keurig-review-giveaway-plus-a-blogmania-bonus/ . I would love to try the <—–Put your flavor choice, here——>K-Cups. Thanks for being a Blogmania 2010 sponsor!
BONUS ENTRIES HAVE NOW EXPIRED. Don’t miss the main event! Enter now at our main Blogmania entry page!
Need more info about the over $1500 in Giveaway prizes available here at Busy-at-Home for Blogmania 2010? Did you know we will be linking to the over 150 other blogs, participating in the event, with prizes totaling nearly $40,000? Read all about it here and save Sept 15 & 16 for a day of Blogmania Giveaway fun!
I received the Keurig Special Edition Brewer and assorted K-Cups in order to complete this review. The views and opinions expressed are wholly my own and no payment was received to write the review.