I received Imperial Sugar to use in recipes, like Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars, during #Choctoberfest. All views and opinions are wholly my own.
Woot!!! It’s time for #Choctoberfest!!!! I am beyond excited today, because it is October 5…. and that means it is the first day of #Choctoberfest! 🙂 And there are going to be SIX more days! A whole week of chocolate recipes with dozens of bloggers sharing their favorites, each and every day. This is a VERY good thing!
My first recipe share for the week will be Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars. Five simple ingredients and about 15 minutes of prep is all it takes for sweet chocolate satisfaction. Be sure to check the end of this post to get the recipe!
#Choctoberfest is a virtual event put together by The PinterTest Kitchen. Bloggers from around the world will be posting their favorite chocolate recipes, and you’ll get a chance to win some awesome prizes. What’s not to love?
Here’s what this event is all about!
#Choctoberfest would not be possible without our sponsors, starting with our 2015 Gold Sponsor, Imperial Sugar. Imperial Sugar has been a trusted name in family kitchens since 1843. Their sugar products and sweeteners are made from non-GMO cane sugar and ensure consistently delicious results. We’ll be using Imperial Sugar whenever we use sugar in our recipes this week, and can’t wait to share the sweetness with you!
You can find Imperial Sugar on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and more. Make sure you visit the recipes section of their website for some sweet inspiration, and you can also find coupons on their website if you want to try out Imperial Sugar yourself.
Imperial Sugar and our other sponsors have banded together to contribute some awesome prizes for our #Choctoberfest giveaway! Entering is simple – just click below to follow us on Pinterest. Here’s what you could win:
- Granulated Sugar from Imperial Sugar
- Chocolate Mint Essential Woman Omega Swirl and Chocolate Silk Greens from Barlean’s
- Chocolate bars (dark, milk, and white) from Lindt Chocolate
- Hemp seed prize pack (hulled hemp seed, toasted hemp seed, hemp seed oil, and hemp protein powder) from Just Hemp Foods
- Divine Chocolate gift set (15 flavors of chocolate bars!) from Divine Chocolate
- Dark chocolate caramels from Tahana Confections
- Vintage inspired gathering apron from Bless This Mess
- Lulu’s Lovepack (6 flavors of chocolate bars!) from Lulu’s Chocolate
- Pure Chocolate Lovers Supreme gift box from Pearson Farm
We also have a nonprofit sponsor this year – Rescue Chocolate! They make vegan chocolate treats and donate 100% of their proceeds to animal shelters.
Enter now to win the #Choctoberfest prize. Hurry, because we’re picking the winner on October 12 at 8:00 AM, so if you don’t sign up before then, you’ll miss your chance!
- 1 ½ cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 lb powdered sugar (I recommend Imperial powdered sugar.)
- 1 ½ cups peanut butter
- 1 cup melted butter
- 1 (12 ounce) bag milk chocolate chips
- Crush graham crackers into crumbs. (You could buy the crumbs, but it’s so easy and much more economical to crush your own.) I crushed one package of graham crackers and used those, even though it was slightly more than 1 ½ cups.
- Melt butter in microwave safe bowl.
- Add peanut butter, powdered sugar and graham cracker crumbs to butter and mix well. It will form a soft, moist dough.
- Press the dough into a lightly greased 9×13 baking pan.
- Pat dough evenly into prepared pan.
- In another microwave safe container, melt the chocolate chips in the microwave, stirring every 15 seconds until they are completely melted and spreadable.
- Spread the melted chocolate over the dough in your 9×13 pan and pop the pan in the fridge or freezer to let the chocolate reharden and the bars set up.
- Cut into 1-inch squares to serve. Enjoy!
A huge thank you to all of the other blogs participating in #Choctoberfest 2015. Check out their blogs throughout the week for chocolate recipes you won’t be able to resist: The PinterTest Kitchen • 2 Cookin’ Mamas • A Day in the Life on the Farm • Aloha Flavor • Amy’s Cooking Adventures • Angels Homestead • Balancing Motherhood • Bless this Mess • Busy-at-Home • Chocolate Slopes • Coconut & Lime • Colie’s Kitchen • Cookaholic Wife • Cooking In Stilettos • Cooking With Libby • Cookistry • CopyKat Recipes • Cravings of a Lunatic • Crumbs in my Mustachio • Culinary Couture • Cupcakes Take The Cake • Deliciously Savvy • Eat It & Say Yum • Fairyburger • Famished Fish, Finicky Shark • Farm Fresh Feasts • Food Hunter’s Guide to Cuisine • Full Belly Sisters • Get Off The Couch and Cook • Grumpy’s Honeybunch • Hey What’s for Dinner Mom? • Honey and Birch • I Can Cook That • Jane’s Adventures in Dinner • Jessie Weaver • Life on Food • Life, Love, and Good Food • Majorly Delicious • Moore or Less Cooking Food Blog • Mother Would Know • Or Whatever You Do • Poet in the Pantry • Recipes Food and Cooking • Sassy Southern Yankee • Savory Tart • Seduction in The Kitchen • Serena Lissy • Sumptuous Spoonfuls • Take Two Tapas • That Skinny Chick Can Bake • ThatsSoYummy • The Chonchudo Files • The Crumby Cupcake • The Dinner-Mom • The Saucy Southerner • The Spiced Life • The Spiffy Cookie • The Two Bite Club • The Weekday Gourmet • Vintage Kitty • Wendy Polisi • What A Girl Eats • WhitBit’s Indian Kitchen • Wit Wisdom & Food • Zesty South Indian Kitchen
Are you a blogger who is interested in joining us during out next community event?
We’ll make sure you get an email about our next blogger event.