Chewy Chocolate Chip Pecan Bars have everything you love about ooey-gooey chocolate chip cookies, plus pecans! They use all brown sugar so they’re extra, extra caramel-y. They are quick and easy to mix up, so you can be enjoying them in no time at all. I love not having to stand over pan after pan of cookies. This recipe makes 24 HUGE portions or 48 average bars. Let’s face it, some days, we’re just feeling the HUGE! lol I use dark chocolate chips, but milk chocolate or semi-sweet would certainly work, too. If you make these once, your kids, your husband, your neighbors, ( and probably a few really forward strangers) will ask you to make them, again! They would be awesome for bake sales or potlucks. Enjoy!
How to Make Chewy Chocolate Chip Pecan Bars
To begin, you will melt butter. Pour the melted butter into the bowl of your stand mixer and cream it together with the sugar. Add the eggs, one at a time, and continue beating until the mixture is light and fluffy. Mix in the vanilla. Add all the dry ingredients to the bowl and mix until everything is thoroughly combined. Finally, add the pecans and chocolate chips, stirring until they are evenly distributed throughout the dough. Spread, evenly, into a greased 18 x 13 baking sheet and bake until they are golden brown (20-25 minutes). Cool them in the pan, on a cooling rack; then, cut and serve them. How simple is that? I LOVE how this recipe turned out! It has all the characteristics I love in a chewy cookie, just in a bar form. Enjoy!
- ⅔ cup butter, melted
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2¾ cups unbleached, all purpose flour
- 2½ teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons real vanilla
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups dark chocolate chips
- 1½ cups chopped pecans
- Cream the melted butter and sugar together. (I used a stand mixer for this recipe, but it could definitely be mixed by hand.)
- Add the eggs, one at a time and mixing the last one in before adding the next.
- Beat the mixture until it becomes light and fluffy.
- Mix in the vanilla.
- Add the flour, baking powder and salt to the bowl and mix until everything is well combined and a soft dough is formed.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and pecans, distributing them evenly throughout the dough.
- Spread dough in a greased baking sheet/ cookie sheet with sides. (My baking sheet is 18x13 and it takes 20 - 25 minutes for my bars to bake. If your cookie sheet is much smaller, the bars will be thicker and may require a slightly longer baking time. I would start by adding 5 minutes and go minute to minute, after that.)
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes, until the bars are golden brown and set, but still soft.
- Cool in the pan, on a cooling rack.
- Cut and serve.
- Depending on the occasion, I cut these into 24 HUGE bars or 48 regular bars.