This easy recipe is a great way to save time when I want fresh, home-baked cookies for our family, but don’t have time to bake sheet after sheet of individual treats. If you love chewy chocolate chip cookies, these delicious bars will become your go-to in-a-hurry dessert bar.
These freeze like a dream! Freeze them, covered, in the pans after baking or cut and then flash freeze the bars on cookie trays. To flash freeze place the bars on the trays with a small amount of space between each and then, place the tray(s) in the freezer for 2 to 3 hours until frozen. After that, you can place the frozen bars into ziptop bags and they won’t stick together. Just toss them back in the freezer. You’ll be able to pull out just the number that you want, later. Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars make great additions to the basket anytime you take a meal to someone in need and it’s definitely nice to be able to pull out a dessert that everyone loves if unexpected company drops by. They’re also easy to pack in lunchboxes. Enjoy!
- 1⅓ cups butter, melted
- 4 cups brown sugar
- 6 eggs
- 2 Tablespoons pure vanilla
- 4 cups unbleached, all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon quality sea salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Mix the brown sugar, melted butter and vanilla. Stir to thoroughly combine.
- Beat the eggs into the sugar mixture until they are thoroughly incorporated.
- Add flour, salt and baking powder, carefully stirring until all dry ingredients have been absorbed into the batter and the batter is smooth.
- Stir in pecans and chocolate chips.
- Bake in a greased 12x18 baking pan (or two 9x13 pans) at 350 degree for 25 minutes. Don't be tempted to overbake these. You want them to be chewy and wonderful. The edges will just be beginning to brown and pull away from the pan, but the bars will be very light in color. Trust me. They're done! Allow them to cool on a wire cooling rack.
- Cut into 2-inch squares and serve.