When was the last time you ate a bowl of Cheerios? I’ve been giving our kids Cheerios since they first started getting teeth. It was one of their first “snacks” in the high chair tray or as they toddled through the house. I vividly recall following our oldest with the vacuum cleaner, “picking up strays” as she rolled through the house in her walker. Now, I give our grandbabies the same treats. Though our family prefers varieties other than the plain original, you will almost always find a box of Cheerios in our pantry. This morning, I have Chocolate Cheerios and Multi-Grain Cheerios (The slightly sweet, nutty taste of the Multi-Grain is MY favorite.) in there. Banana Nut is another variety my children and grandchildren enjoy.
Have you visited the Cheerios website, lately? I was actually amazed!!! Did you know there are 11 varieties of Cheerios? I sure didn’t. Now we’re going to have to try some of the others and see if we have any new favorites. And the recipes! Recipes that use several of the different varieties of Cheerios, in the most delicious and interesting ways. Be watching for an upcoming blog post featuring one of them.
I received a box of Cheerios, a $25 American Express Gift Card and the information about this fun contest, from Cheerios and MyBlogSpark, today. The best part — all of you can enter to win the trips described below, AND one lucky Busy-at-Home reader will also receive a box of Cheerios and a $25 American Express Gift Card! See the details at the end of this post.
What do you love to do? Bike rides in the park? Scrapbooking? Travel? No matter what you love to do, you’ll need a healthy heart to do it, and Cheerios® can help.
Cheerios is partnering with country music superstar Martina McBride and professional athlete Cal Ripken, Jr. for the “Do What You Love” Contest. McBride and Ripken will recognize two lucky people with prizes that will make their hearts race.
One music lover (and a guest) will tour the Country Music Hall of Fame® and Museum with McBride, hang out with her in her recording studio – the world famous Blackbird Studio in Nashville, Tenn. – and even get VIP tickets to one of her upcoming concerts.
Another lucky baseball enthusiast (and a guest) will have the chance to hang out and play catch with Ripken and to tour the Ripken Youth Baseball Academy in Aberdeen, Md., with the “Iron Man” of baseball himself. In addition, the winner will throw out the first pitch at the Cal Ripken World Series and sit in Ripken’s reserved seats at a Baltimore baseball game.
Now through July 23, 2010, you and your readers can submit your 150-250 word original story and photo, showcasing what they love to do. For a chance to win the experience of a lifetime with McBride and Ripken, visit http://www.cheerios.com/love today.
Also, check out Cheerios on Facebook today! You never know what great promotions and/or coupons might turn up there.
So, are you feeling like a winner! One of you sure will be. Thanks to Cheerios and MyBlogSpark, one of you will win the same box of Cheerios and a $25 American Express Gift Card! Woohoo! It’ simple to enter.
Rules: You must be 18 or older and a US Resident. No duplicate entries will be counted, except for the daily tweet. Deadline for entry is July 30, 2010. Winner will be selected at random.org using comment numbers as entries.
If you’ve never placed a comment on our site before, you won’t see yours show up right away in the list. I promise they are in the cue and assigned their correct number. I just have to approve them, the first time, before they will show up.
Required Entry: (If this is not completed, none of your other entries count.)
Visit the Cheerios website and decide which recipe you would like to see me post step-by-step picture instructions for, here at Busy at-Home. Come back and put the recipe title in your comment.
(As it turns out, you guys have already inspired me and I will be making several of the recipes, you select. See the first, Chocolate Peanut Butter Cereal Bars, and be watching for more to come!)
Extra (optional) Entries: (You must post a separate comment for each one you complete.)
- Follow Cheerios on Facebook (include your Facebook ID/name in your comment).
- Write a message on Cheerios’ Facebook wall to let them know you’re visiting from the Busy-at-Home Cheerios Giveaway. (Come back and leave a comment that you have done it.)
- Follow Busy-at-Home on Twitter (include your Twitter ID/name in your comment. If you’re already a follower, just say so).
- Like Busy-at-Home on Facebook (include your Facebook ID/name in your comment. If you’re already a fan, just say so).
- Tweet the following (one time daily) Include a link to the tweet in your comment. (Click the timestamp in your tweet and it will take you to the link.): Win Cheerios and a $25 American Express Gift Card! Enter Daily! @busyathome @CheeriosTweets http://ow.ly/29keQ #mbsspark #giveaway #review (Post a comment that says you’ve done it.)
- Subscribe to Busy-at-Home email updates. (Comment that you subscribed and give the email address you used.)
- Post this Giveaway on your blog or facebook page and include the link to your post in your comment.
- Follow Busy at Home with Google Friends Connect. (Leave a comment and if you already follow, just say so.)
- Subscribe to our RSS Feed. (Leave a comment and if you already subscribe, just say so.)
- What’s your favorite variety of Cheerios? Tell us in a comment.
- Leave a comment that lets me know where you heard about this giveaway.
The winner will be selected at Random.org, using their comment numbers as their entries. Deadline to register is midnight CST July 30. Tell all your friends!
As always, the views and opinions expressed in this blog are wholly my own. Cheerios provided me a box of original Cheerios and a $25 American Express Gift Card through MyBlogSpark, which was incredibly generous and appreciated, but in no way determines whether my review of the product is positive or negative. They will provide the same prize pack to the winner of our Busy-at-Home Giveaway.