You are the Butter Bell Crock winner! Please reply to the
email sent to you within 48 hours, so your prize can be shipped.
Do you love the flavor of real butter, but settle for the soft spreadability of margarine or “butter-like” spreads. Convenience often wins out over nutrition and flavor when we make choices at the grocery store. That’s why I am so excited to share my latest review. Butter Bell Crocks make it possible to have your butter AND eat it, too — spreadable, soft and delicious! My family and I have been enjoying it for a week, now; and we are hooked.
Butter Bell Crocks are a modern version of the old-time butter crocks used in France, years ago. They will keep real butter soft and free from spoilage or odors for up to thirty days (although a stick of butter lasts no where near that long for our family), right on your kitchen counter. It really is an amazing concept and it’s so simple! All I did was soften a stick of butter, then used a spoon to pack it into the “bell” of the crock’s lid. It’s definitely important to pack it well. I wasn’t careful about that the first time I used it and the whole stick of butter slid out of the lid when I opened the crock. I replaced it, packing well, as per the instructions and haven’t had a problem since. Once the butter was packed in the lid, I added 1/3 cup of cool water into the base of the bone china crock and then put the lid on. Easy, peasy!
The water in the base provides an airtight seal for the lid and the crock is designed to reflect outside heat while insulating and keeping the butter cool. The water needs to be changed out every three days, which isn’t difficult to remember since the pretty little crock is out on the counter where I see it frequently as I work in the kitchen. The crocks are available in several styles and colors. The Antique Style Azure (blue) butter crock I received to conduct this review is a perfect accent in my kitchen. I love its “country” look. With several styles to choose from, you’re sure to find the perfect fit for your own decor. Authentic Butter Bell Crocks are produced by the L. Tremain company and they make other great items for your kitchen to coordinate with the crocks, like spoon rests, pitchers, salt and pepper shakers and more.
These unique butter crocks will make beautiful gifts for Christmas or for your own holiday dinner table. From now, through December 15, L. Tremain is running a great special where you can buy any two crocks and get a third, (white with blue trim bistro butter crock) for free, so it’s a great time to get started on your Christmas shopping! I’m also happy to announce that L. Tremain has generously sponsored a giveaway for Busy-at-Home’s A Homemade Holiday series and one of you will win a Butter Bell Crock for your own kitchen!
You must be 18 or older and a US resident to enter. Winners will be selected by random drawing using random.org. Deadline to enter is midnight (CST) Friday, November 19, 2010. Mandatory entry MUST be completed for any additional entries to count.
Visit the official Butter Bell Store and pick your favorite style and color of butter crock. Come back here and post a comment telling me which one you would like if you are the giveaway winner.
Additional Optional Entries:
- Like Butter Bell Crocks on Facebook. Leave a comment letting me know your Facebook name and that you’ve done it.
- Follow Busy-at-Home on Twitter. Leave a comment letting me know you’ve done it.
- Like Busy-at-Home on Facebook. Leave a comment letting me know you’ve done it.
- Follow Busy-at-Home on Google Friends Connect. Leave a comment letting me know you’ve done it.
- Subscribe to the Busy-at-Home Newsletter with this link or in the right-hand sidebar. You will receive an email confirmation with a link that must be clicked to confirm your subscription. Once you click the email link to confirm your subscription, leave me a comment to let me know you’ve done it.
- Post this giveaway on your Facebook page. I’m entered to win a gorgeous Butter Bell Crock from L. Tremain and Busy-at-Home. http://busy-at-home.com//?p=5770 Leave a comment below with a link to your post.
- Tweet this giveaway (one x daily). I’m entered to win a beautiful Butter Bell Crock from L. Tremain and Busy-at-Home. http://ow.ly/34O6D @busyathome #giveaway #review #cooking Leave a comment letting me know you’ve done it.
I received a Butter Bell Crock from L. Tremain through Tomoson, in order to conduct this review. No payment was received and a positive review was not required. The views and opinions expressed are wholly my own.