I received a perfectly delicious challenge from Proctor and Gamble and My Blog Spark, recently. Bake a blueberry cobbler and enjoy it with my family and friends. Then leave the empty baking dish sitting on the counter for 24 hours, before trying to wash it. They even sent me a shiny, white baking dish to do the baking in and a sample of Cascade Complete Action Pacs. Eat a delicious dessert and then relax for an evening, instead of washing the dishes? Ummm….yah. I’m pretty sure I can do that. 🙂
I’ve never made a specifically blueberry cobbler. I have, however, made cobblers before, using fresh fruit or pie filling and a yellow cake mix, so I was fairly confident I could throw together a cobbler that would be delish in just a couple minutes. I should have pulled out my recipe, instead of relying on my memory and good guesses. My results were definitely yummy, but more like blueberry soup with cobbler topping. 🙂 I’ll post the correct recipe for you, here, so your results will be more pleasingly, thick than mine.
- 4 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 yellow cake mix
- 1 stick butter, melted
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- Rinse blueberries and then spread them evenly in the bottom of your ungreased baking dish (or 9x13 pan).
- Sprinkle sugar over the blueberries.
- Cover the sugared berries with the dry cake mix.
- Sprinkle pecans across the top of the cake mix layer.
- Drizzle the melted butter over the pecan layer.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 35-45 minutes (until bubbly and golden brown).
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.
Here’s what it looks like going together.
Spread the rinsed blueberries in the bottom of an ungreased baking dish or 9×13 baking pan.
Sprinkle the berries with granulated sugar.
Sprinkle the cake mix over the sugared blueberries.
Sprinkle on the pecans.
The final step is to drizzle the cake mix and pecans with melted butter.
Here it is ready to pop in the oven.
Bake at 350° for 35-45 minutes. It will be bubbly, and golden brown.
Well, as you can imagine, we polished that off in record time. And what did the dishes look like after we were finished?
I’ve actually used Cascade powder dishwashing detergent for years, but had never tried the Cascade Complete All-in-1 Action Pacs. I really liked them! Everything is pre-measured and self-contained, with nothing to spill or overuse. It’s simple and no chance of spills. Perfect!
I simply placed the capsule in the detergent dispenser of my dishwasher and ran the cycle, normally. Even after sitting for 24 hours, the baking dish was cleaned beautifully! That’s definitely a 5-star rating from our family.
One time through the dishwasher and they’re squeaky clean. I was actually a little surprised, since it seemed like such a small amount of detergent. Cascade’s website describes Action Pacs as containing the best of powder and gel in one powerful pac. The little pacs contain a powerful pre-treater, dishwashing detergent to scrub through stuck on food and cut grease and a rinse agent to leave your glasses sparkling. That one little action pac contained everything I needed to get to this dishwasher full of sparkling clean dishes.
Thanks to Cascade and My Blog Spark, one lucky Busy-at-Home reader will receive a $15 Wal-Mart gift card, so they can take their own 24 Hour Cascade Challenge and put that awesome sparkle on their own dishes! It’s a simple giveaway to enter.
You must be 18 or older and a US resident to enter. Mandatory entry must be completed before any optional entries will be counted. Winner will be selected in a random drawing using random.org. Deadline for entry is midnight (CST), Sunday, June 12, 2011.
In a comment below, tell me what your toughest dish washing challenge is.
Optional Additional Entries:
- Like Cascade on Facebook and leave a comment to let me know you’ve done it.
- Follow Busy-at-Home on Twitter. Leave a comment letting me know you’ve done it.
- Like Busy-at-Home on Facebook. Leave a comment letting me know you’ve done it.
- Follow Busy-at-Home on Google Friends Connect. Or click the Join Button in the right-hand side bar. Leave a comment letting me know you’ve done it.
- Subscribe to the Busy-at-Home Newsletter with this link or in the right-hand sidebar. You will receive an email confirmation with a link that must be clicked to confirm your subscription. Once you click the email link to confirm your subscription, leave me a comment to let me know you’ve done it.
- Tweet this giveaway (maximum of 1x per day, please). Win a $15 Wal-Mart gift card and read about Cascade Complete All-in-1 Action Pacs @busyathome #myblogspark http://ow.ly/546LW Leave a comment below with a link to your tweet.
- Post this giveaway on your Facebook page. Win a $15 Wal-Mart gift card, get a yummy recipe for Blueberry Cobbler and read about Cascade Complete All-in-1 Action Pacs at Busy-at-Home http://ow.ly/546LW Leave a comment below with a link to your post.
I received an All-in-1 Action Pac kit, from Proctor and Gamble through My Blog Spark, with a baking dish and sample action pacs, in order to test the product and conduct this review. A $15 Wal-Mart gift card was supplied for the giveaway winner. No monetary compensation was received and a positive review was not required. The views and opinions expressed are wholly my own.