Texas on Tour is a fun and unique virtual tour of our biggest state, and there is still time to share it with your own family, since they have stops in four more states, this summer:
- Bite of Seattle……………….Seattle, WA…………………July 15-17
- Ohio State Fair……………..Columbus, OH……………..July 27-31
- Iowa State Fair……………..Des Moines, IA…………….August 11-21
- Minnesota State Fair……..Minneapolis, MN…………August 25-28
Thanks to some fantastic virtual technology, at a Texas on Tour event, you can explore four Texas waterways on a wild kayaking adventure, or have your picture taken at the Alamo, the beach, or in Palo Duro Canyon! You’ll be able to attend some fabulous music shows and enjoy the talents of great artists like, BettySoo, Warren Hood and Ryan Harkrider. Visit the Discover Texas theater and learn some surprising things about Texas, then go head to head in a Texas Trivia Challenge for a great prize! Not only will the Texas on Tour event be a great vacation for you and the people you love, it’s going to inspire you to take a real vacation to Texas and experience these phenomenal places and activities, in person!
Even better? Yes, there’s more! You can enter the Texas on Tour Sweepstakes to win a trip for two, to one of four destinations in Texas. You get to choose the one that would be perfect for you and a companion. What’s better than a free vacation? Be sure to stop by and enter.
I visited family in Texas, twice, as a kid and got to swim in the Gulf of Mexico and enjoy the beaches. My favorite trip to Texas, though, was right after college, when I was fortunate enough to fly to San Antonio to visit a friend. It is one of my best “in my twenties” memories. San Antonio is gorgeous and loaded with history and culture. A gondola ride along the River Walk was one of my favorite evenings of the trip and I wish I had had an extra day to visit the Alamo. If you have the opportunity to visit the beautiful city of San Antonio, I can highly recommend it!
It’s been so fun to reminisce about my trips to Texas as I wrote about the Texas on Tour events. I’m also excited to be able to host a spicy, Texas giveaway as a part of this promotion, too. One of our Busy-at-Home readers is going to win this Chili Bowl Gift Set.
You must be 18 or older and a US resident to enter. Mandatory entry must be completed before any optional entries will be counted. Winner will be selected in a random drawing using random.org. Deadline for entry is midnight (CST), Wednesday, July 20, 2011.
Visit the Texas on Tour website and in a comment below, tell what activity or place your family would most enjoy visiting.
Optional Additional Entries:
- Like Texas Tourism on Facebook and leave a comment to let me know you’ve done it.
- Follow Texas Tourism on Twitter and leave a comment with your Twitter handle to let me know you did.
- Follow Busy-at-Home on Twitter. Leave a comment letting me know you’ve done it.
- Like Busy-at-Home on Facebook. Leave a comment letting me know you’ve done it.
- Follow Busy-at-Home on Google Friends Connect by clicking the Join Button in the right-hand side bar. Leave a comment letting me know you’ve done it.
- Subscribe to the Busy-at-Home Newsletter with this link or in the right-hand sidebar. You will receive an email confirmation with a link that must be clicked to confirm your subscription. Once you click the email link to confirm your subscription, leave me a comment to let me know you’ve done it.
- Tweet this giveaway (maximum of 1x per day, please). Win a BEAUTIFUL chili bowl set with cornbread mix and chili seasonings from @texastourism and @busyathome #txontour http://ow.ly/5CXq0 Leave a comment below with a link to your tweet.
- Post this giveaway on your Facebook page. Win a BEAUTIFUL chili bowl set with cornbread mix and chili seasonings from @texastourism and @busyathome PLUS plan a fabulous virtual vacation for your family with Texas on Tour! #txontour http://ow.ly/5CXq0 Leave a comment below with a link to your post.
I was provided the opportunity to review Texas on Tour, plus try out, and host a giveaway for the Chili Bowl Gift set, through Mom Spark Media. No monetary compensation was received and a positive review was not required. As always at Busy-at-Home, the views and opinions expressed are wholly my own.