Well, far be it from me to say, “I told you so.”, but… Do you remember this post from August of 2011? I may actually have the gift of prophecy. Just sayin’. lol I am so blessed that God moved Gretchen Jester right into the center of “my universe” in 2010. She is a [...]
Well, far be it from me to say, “I told you so.”, but…
I am so blessed that God moved Gretchen Jester right into the center of “my universe” in 2010. She is a sister in Christ and one of the most talented artists I have ever had the privilege of knowing. To say I count her as a friend simply does not express the depth of what she means to me. We all have known, and sadly, have even been, the person who hears about someone’s hardship and quickly recites, “I’m praying for you.” In the scope of my life experience, I have less than a handful of friends who can look at my face, see what is never spoken, and then drop everything in their world to embrace me and cry out to the Lord on my behalf – not promising to pray for me later, but to wrap me in their loving words and pray, right now, in this moment. Gretchen is on that short list. Her intimate relationship with Christ prompts her to go to Him on my behalf, without a second thought and she spills her love over me like a healing balm. That kind of love can only come from an all-knowing and mighty Creator. She is a vessel and willing servant for Him to pour His love on others and she inspires me to live for Him, like that.
Click This Link to Hear I Will Hold On from Gretchen’s new album, Window
Gretchen’s dependence on God’s truth, love, mercy and grace are also expressed through the awe-inspiring musical talent God has gifted her with. In the post I referenced, above, I introduced you to her music and her self-produced album, Authentic, proclaiming that without a doubt, God would be using her gift for His glory in a big way; and that soon, the world would see and understand what we have always known. I am so excited to share with you that Gretchen was signed by Tate Music Group in 2012 and they have recently released her latest album, Window. It is a tremendous honor to be able to share that news with you and for Busy-at-Home to host a giveaway, each of the next five days, for a digital download of the new album! Plus, if you’re in the area, you won’t want to miss her premier concert for the new album, this Friday, April 26th at 7 pm at the Hillcrest Evangelical Free Church in Seward, Nebraska.
Gretchen is not the typical recording artist. She writes her own lyrics, composes the melodies, plays and performs every song. I have been with her when God puts a song so heavily on her heart that she has to stop everything and go to the piano to write. It is a surreal experience to see God reach out through her words and music, compelling her to create, and through her songs, to bear witness to what she knows of Him.
Gretchen’s music is set apart for me, from many contemporary artists. First of all, it has deep significance and meaning for those who hear it. You won’t experience the mindless repetition of a single phrase, over and over, in her lyrics. Her songs cry out, they worship, they praise, they give glory and they reveal God to anyone who will listen. Her songs tell stories, share truths and give hope. When you listen to Window, the music becomes personal. Gretchen is singing YOUR heart to God and expressing His love and grace back to you. It is a gift and a blessing that still brings me to tears when I listen to the album, my soul owning its words, as they fill my home and nurture my spirit. You’re going to love this album! The music is beautiful. The message is life-changing.
I told you so.
Use the Rafflecopter form, below, to enter the drawing to win one of the five digital albums. I will choose a winner, every night at midnight, for the next five nights. (April 24, 25, 26, 27, and 28).
Mandatory Entry: Love on Gretchen a little, would you, please? Leave a comment on this post to encourage her, tell her your favorite of her songs or whatever God puts on your heart to share with her. Let’s show her how much she’s welcomed and loved here at Busy-at-Home! Once you’ve left a comment, go to the Rafflecopter form and register that you’ve done it. Blessings! I so hope you win!
I received a copy of “Window” to facilitate this review. No monetary compensation was received and a positive review was not required. As with all Busy-at-Home reviews, the views and opinions expressed are wholly my own and based on my personal experience with the product.
Are you that recordkeeper extraordinaire that writes on the back of all your photos, as soon as they’re printed, creates gorgeous photo albums for each child and has family albums for every year since you’ve been married? (I’m harboring ungracious thoughts about you, right now. ) Or do you have envelopes and boxes of snapshots [...]
Are you that recordkeeper extraordinaire that writes on the back of all your photos, as soon as they’re printed, creates gorgeous photo albums for each child and has family albums for every year since you’ve been married? (I’m harboring ungracious thoughts about you, right now. ) Or do you have envelopes and boxes of snapshots in the garage and in the attic and in the closet and under the bed and well, you get the picture — that cover multiple years in your family’s history — all mixed together — and lots of scrapbooking kits and supplies that are still in their packaging, though you had good intentions of using them?
And now that you have a digital camera, do you faithfully print out all the good photos, delete the bad ones and do all that stuff I talked about in the first sentence (Okay, now you’re making me cry.) or are all your pictures, good and bad, stored in folders on your hard drive, not being enjoyed by anyone and using up tons of space that makes your computer slow and wastes space? Yeah…so…I have some photo issues.
My Memories Digital Photo Album software has given me new hope for our family’s photo history. When I was approached last week, to review it, the timing couldn’t have been more perfect; since we were about to make our cross-country (well, cross-four states) trek on a family vacation to Ohio. This could be REALLY good! I accepted the review opportunity with renewed faith that at least one family event would be recorded for posterity and then we left on our vacation. While we were gone, I took tons of video and I snapped hundreds of photos. Once we returned, I resolved to get right to the project at hand and test out the My Memories software. I absolutely love it! THIS I can do!
What’s so special about this digital photo album software? Well, lets make a list:
- It’s simple to learn and use.
- It comes with hundreds of paper, embellishment and template options – something to fit every occasion, plus I can add more, if I choose.
- I can create a photo album and print it myself in either a 12 x 12 size or and 8.5 x 11 size.
- I can create a custom photo album and have as many hard copies professionally printed as I want, in either a 12 x 12 size or and 8.5 x 11 size. (What great gifts!)
- I can create a photo calendar and have it professionally printed. (Another awesome gift idea!)
- I can create an interactive photo album, burn it onto a DVD and share or gift it to someone. These albums can have links, music and video in them and you “flip” through them just like turning the pages of a real photo album. It’s so cool!
- I can turn my digital scrapbook into a movie and burn it to DVD or share it online.
- I can create high quality jpeg images of my album pages to use online or for other projects.
- I can narrate my album, by adding voice recordings, as I create it.
- I can download different templates, designs, embellishments, papers etc., straight from the My Memories website and they have an entire section of them that are totally free!
- I can add videos and music to my albums, as I create them.
- I can save and share my album in a movie format that is compatible with iPods and other handheld devices.
In the interest of loading time, I am including a link to the User’s Guide, which is loaded with screen shots, and can show how simple this program is to use. You won’t believe how quickly you will be able to create your own gorgeous photo albums.
EVERYBODY WINS!!! Not only is My Memories sponsoring a giveaway for the Digital Photo Album Suite that I reviewed, they are also providing an exclusive Busy-at-Home promo code for ALL our readers to receive $10 off the software download, bringing the cost of the software to only $17.98, during their amazing 30% Off Sale. Using the code with your order will also get you an additional $10 coupon code off any kits or papers you want to add to your program! $10 off and $10 in free add-ons! That’s like everyone winning the giveaway! See why I’m excited? So definitely, enter the giveaway, below; but if you’re in a hurry like me, take advantage of these great savings and order your My Memories Digital Scrapbooking software download, now. Use the exclusive Busy-at-Home Coupon Code : STMMMS23221 and receive $10 off your software + a coupon code for $10 off your next purchase in the My Memories store! I used my $10 coupon to download some adorable cooking and recipe add-ons. My next project will be a Family Cookbook! Plus, I’ll be doing lots of albums of all our holiday celebrations. The timing of this great deal is perfect!
You must be 18 or older and a resident of the U.S. to enter. Mandatory Entry must be completed before any optional entries will count. Winner will be selected in a random drawing using random.org. Deadline to enter is midnight, (CST), Sunday, November 6, 2011. Winner will be notified by email and have 48 hours to respond with shipping information. After 48 hours, a new winner will be selected.
Visit My Memories, and in a comment below, tell me which Digital Scrapbooking Kit is your favorite.
Optional Additional Entries:
- Like My Memories on Facebook. Leave a comment below with your Facebook Name to let me know you’ve done it.
- Follow My Memories on Twitter. Leave a comment letting me know you’ve done it.
- Follow Busy-at-Home on Twitter. Leave a comment letting me know you’ve done it.
- Like Busy-at-Home on Facebook. Leave a comment letting me know you’ve done it.
- Follow Busy-at-Home on Google Friends Connect. (click the JOIN button in the right-hand sidebar.) Leave a comment letting me know you’ve done it.
- Subscribe to the Busy-at-Home Newsletter with this link or in the right-hand sidebar. You will receive an email confirmation with a link that must be clicked to confirm your subscription. Once you click the email link to confirm your subscription, leave me a comment to let me know you’ve done it.
- Tweet this giveaway (maximum of 1x per day, please). Win a fabulous Digital Scrapbooking Software Suite! Preserve memories, create gifts & more @mymemoriessuite @busyathome http://ow.ly/75KJM Leave a comment below with a link to your tweet.
- Post this giveaway on your Facebook page. Win a fabulous My Memories Digital Scrapbooking Software Suite! Preserve precious memories, create recipe books, Christmas gifts & more! http://ow.ly/75KJM Leave a comment below with a link to your post.
I received the My Memories Digital Scrapbooking software in order to evaluate the product and conduct this review. No monetary compensation was received and a positive review was not required. As always, at Busy-at-Home, the views and opinions expressed are wholly my own. This page contains an affiliate link.