This Giveaway is now closed. Congratulations to the three winners! : #63, Scott’s Gal; #96, Erin G and #11, Nan Check your emails and reply within 48 hours, to claim your prize! You remember summer, right? Today, it’s cold and snowy and blustery and icy and dreary and gray. It’s winter. I usually navigate the [...]
This Giveaway is now closed.
Congratulations to the three winners! : #63, Scott’s Gal; #96, Erin G and #11, Nan
Check your emails and reply within 48 hours, to claim your prize!
You remember summer, right? Today, it’s cold and snowy and blustery and icy and dreary and gray. It’s winter. I usually navigate the first thirty days, or so, of winter with a reasonable amount of maturity and patience. After that, all bets are off and I’m ready to move on to something a little more temperate. But, since I have yet to patent an amazing weather control machine, I have no choice but to allow winter to run its course. Oy!
Lots of baking and candles and warm, crackling fires in the fireplace help to lift my mood and take some of the sting out of Nebraska winters. I enjoy the heat and welcome, homey appearance they generate, but even more than that, I love the smells. Aroma can do so much to lift our spirits or take us back to a wonderful memory. It can make us feel warm and welcome and content. I am so intrigued by the power scent has on the brain and delighted at its effects.
About two weeks ago, I was selected as a Purex Insider, which means as new products are introduced by Purex, Busy-at-Home readers will be some of the first people to hear about them. I’m excited to share Purex’s new Complete Crystals Fabric Softener with you and let you in on my favorite thing about them — the fragrances. For two weeks, my laundry room has given me hope for the end of bleak and frosty, and the beginning of the freshness of spring along with the delightful fragrance of summer blossoms. I have had the opportunity to try two different scents of Purex Complete Crystals – Fresh Spring Waters and Lavender Blossom. They are both wonderful! The fragrance fills the laundry room as the clothes are washing, but even more importantly, our clothes are infused with the fresh scents, even after drying.
Purex Complete Crystals are unique in comparison to other fabric softeners you may have tried. They are not fabric sheets, nor are they liquid. They are deeply fragrant, crystalline “pellets” that you add as you are loading your washing machine. Simply add detergent as you normally would, then measure the appropriate amount of Purex Crystals for your load and sprinkle them over the top of the clothes. Run your washer as usual and enjoy the fabulous scent as the clothes are washing, as you move them from the washer to the dryer and as you put away the clean, dry clothes. The fragrance remains in the fabric, plus the clothes are wonderfully static-free and soft.
How does this unique product work? Over time, traditional oil-based softeners coat fibers causing harmful oily residue to accumulate. Purex Complete Crystals Softeners penetrate fabrics to reduce fiber entanglement and smooth frayed fibers providing a naturally soft feel. They are safe for all laundry and will not harm, wear down or discolor your fabrics like oil-based softeners. Purex shared that this great new fabric softener will:
- Preserve the flame retardant benefits of your children’s clothes
- Retain your athletic wear’s wicking ability which draws sweat away from your body
- Maintain your towels’ built-in ability to absorb water
- Keep your white clothing from yellowing and graying vs. using traditional softeners
Another thing that I love is how simple it is to use, even for my youngest and oldest (translated “messiest”) helpers in the laundry room. Measuring is simple with the included cup AND there is no sticky liquid dripping down the side of the bottle the next time I pick it up. I also don’t have the spent dryer sheets lying on the floor or sticking in my flannel jammies. Yay! Purex Complete Crystal Fabric Softener delivers on every expectation I have for fabric softener and gives me hope for spring, to boot. You can’t ask much more than that from laundry.
The best news of all is that Purex is going to provide three Busy-at-Home readers with their own visions for spring! Yup, three of you will receive coupons for FREE full-sized bottles of Purex Complete Crystal Fabric Softener! How great is that!
You must be at least 18 and a resident of the U.S. to enter. Mandatory entry must be completed before any additional entries will be counted. Winners will be selected by random drawing using random.org. Deadline for entry is midnight (CST), Sunday February 13, 2011.
Leave a comment telling me which fragrance of Purex Complete Crystals Fabric Softener you would like to try — Fresh Spring Waters, Lavender Blossom or Tropical Splash.
Additional Optional Entries:
- Follow Purex on Twitter and leave a comment, below, letting me know you did, as well as your Twitter handle.
- Like Purex on Facebook and leave a comment, below, letting me know you did, as well as your Facebook Name.
- Follow Busy-at-Home on Twitter. Leave a comment letting me know you’ve done it.
- Like Busy-at-Home on Facebook. Leave a comment letting me know you’ve done it.
- Follow Busy-at-Home on Google Friends Connect. Use the “Join” button in the right-hand sidebar. Leave a comment letting me know you’ve done it.
- Subscribe to the Busy-at-Home Newsletter with this link (or in the right-hand sidebar). You will receive an email confirmation with a link that must be clicked to confirm your subscription. Once you click the email link to confirm your subscription, leave me a comment to let me know you’ve done it.
- Post this giveaway on your Facebook page. Enter to win a FREE full-sized bottle of new Purex Complete Crystals Fabric Softener from Purex Busy-at-Home. http://busy-at-home.com/blog/my-laundry-smells-like-summer-purex-fabric-softener-crystals-review-giveaway/ Leave a comment below with a link to your post.
- Tweet this giveaway (1x daily) : Win a FREE full-sized bottle @Purex Complete Crystals Fabric Softener @busyathome #review #giveaway http://busy-at-home.com/blog/my-laundry-smells-like-summer-purex-fabric-softener-crystals-review-giveaway/ Leave a comment below with a link to your tweet.
As a Purex Insider, I received product information, a sample bottle of Fresh Spring Waters and a full-sized bottle of Lavender Blossom in order to conduct this review. No monetary compensation was received and a positive review was not required. Views and opinions expressed are wholly my own. Purex will provide coupons for three full-sized bottles for the giveaway and will ship them directly to each winner.