Our Keurig Special Edition brewer got a new baby brother, today! And he is the most gorgeous shade of shiny red! Keurig’s MINI Plus brewer is the perfect size for campers, dorm rooms, hotel rooms, tiny apartments and your office desk. Now you can have your favorite coffee, tea and beverage flavors wherever you are, [...]
Our Keurig Special Edition brewer got a new baby brother, today! And he is the most gorgeous shade of shiny red! Keurig’s MINI Plus brewer is the perfect size for campers, dorm rooms, hotel rooms, tiny apartments and your office desk. Now you can have your favorite coffee, tea and beverage flavors wherever you are, even if space is at a premium.
The Keurig MINI Plus Brewer is gorgeous, with three choices for color – black, red and platinum. It’s more square and boxy than my special Edition Brewer and the footprint on my counter is a little smaller. Used as intended, in smaller spaces, where an individual needs a quick refreshment, the MINI Brewer is the perfect way to enjoy the same delicious hot beverages you can get from larger models. This is not the brewer you want on your kitchen counter if you have a large family, making many multiple beverages a day from it. That’s not what it was intended for. This sweet little brewer is the perfect fit in your home office/den, a vacation home or cabin, a business trip hotel room, in your camper or wherever your quiet getaway place might be. It’s intended to brew a single cup at a time. It provides the convenience of a fresh, piping hot cup, right at your fingertips, without needing to make a whole pot. And it only takes around two minutes, which includes heating the water and brewing your perfect beverage!
I see the same Keurig quality, I have come to know and expect, in this little machine. If you follow the included instructions, using bottled or filtered water, like with all other models, you can enjoy years of variety and deliciousness from your liquid refreshments. Our Special Edition is still going strong and gets a lot of wear and tear from this big family. The MINI Plus is super simple to operate, too; and has many of the same features we have come to love in our bigger model. For instance, I can choose from three different cup sizes. It has a removable drip tray, which makes it easy to clean and helps to accommodate taller mugs or even short drinking glasses. I can brew hot or cold beverages with it and any K-Cup flavor works in it.
When you buy a Keurig brewer, it’s important to pick the size and style that fits YOUR specific needs and believe me, they have something for everyone! There are three things, specific to it’s design and it’s intended use, that make the Keurig MINI Plus not as good an option for our beverage guzzling family, and more appropriate for a small space used by only one or two people.
- One thing I did notice is that you really need to be aware of what you’re doing when you fill the machine. Overfilling the water reservoir can result in a big mess on your counter, so I would definitely say, the MINI Plus is not as child-friendly as our Special Edition brewer. It is definitely important to be paying attention to the process.
- Also, because it’s made for small spaces, it can’t accommodate my big iced tea glasses. It is definitely designed with the hot beverage drinker in mind, although it IS possible for you to put ice in a mug and brew cold beverages.
- And you can only add enough water to make one cup at a time. This means the water isn’t heated until you start the brewing process. It’s around two minutes from start to finish, which isn’t a big deal for one person. But if all the kids and grandbabies want hot chocolate and hubby wants his coffee and I need a glass of iced tea, the Special Edition is our perfect solution. The MINI Plus is ideal for a college student or in your workshop, but our family loves the option of the large, always ready reservoir of our Special Edition Brewer.
Our MINI Plus arrived with 12 K-Cup samples in the box and we are enjoying testing each one, as well as brewing old favorites. With fall peeking around the corner, promising to be here soon, I’m longing for cool, crisp evenings on the deck with a cup of hot apple cider and good friends to visit with. Mmmm! Plus, it’s almost time to make Apple Cider Doughnut Holes! What a great snack for fall! With my Keurig brewers, I don’t have to run to the store to buy a gallon jug of cider before I can whip up a batch. With the handy K-Cups already on hand, I can fresh brew the Hot Apple Cider, in just the amount I need and have a fabulous autumn snack in no time at all. (Be watching for the recipe in an upcoming post! You’re going to LOVE them!)
And for those of you, like us, who are still enjoying those hot days of Summer, Southern Sweet Tea from Celestial Seasonings, is one of many iced tea varieties that your family can enjoy to cool off and feel refreshed. Our family enjoys several of them. Believe it or not, I and my youngest LOVE to brew the English Breakfast Black Tea K-Cups from Celestial Seasonings over ice. It’s the perfect unsweetened flavor for our thirsty tastebuds! My husband thinks everything is better with sugar, though, so he loves the Half & Half K-Cups, (half lemonade, half tea). No matter what your taste, there is a K-Cup that will fit it, your mood and the season perfectly!
My husband is the resident coffee connoisseur in our home and that’s where Keurig has become my best friend. Rather than buying large cans or bags of coffee and beans, that can be so expensive and often sit in the cupboard until they are stale and unappealing, I can have a large variety of K-cups available for him, so he can “mix-it up” and enjoy something different every day if he chooses. He has his tried and true favorites like Nantucket Blend, but he loves to experiment and try new flavors, too. Right now he is loving Van Houtte Cafe’s French Vanilla and Barista Prima Coffeehouse’s French Roast.
And for those cool nights on the way, the kids and I always look forward to steamy, sweet and spicy mugs of Cafe Express Chai Latte (My girls call it Thanksgiving in a cup. ) and Cafe Express Dark Hot Chocolate or Milk Hot Chocolate. Perfect treats for warming you right down to your toes on a crisp, fall evening!
So, what kind of household are you? Big or small? Hot or iced? Coffee, tea, or cocoa? At Keurig, there’s a brewer and a flavor that is PERFECT for you! And generous, as always, Keurig is sponsoring a giveaway to help you test that out! One Busy-at-Home reader will win a Keurig MINI Plus and assortment of K-Cups as part of my 50th Birthday Bash! Here’s how to enter.
You must be 18 or older and a resident of the U.S. to enter. The mandatory entry must be completed before any optional entries will count. Deadline to enter is midnight (CST) Sunday, September 4, 2011.
What’s your best fit? Visit the Keurig online store and find the brewer that is perfect for your home or workspace. Leave a comment below that tells me which one you chose and where you would use it.
Optional Additional Entries:
- Like Keurig on Facebook and leave them a little note letting them know how much you appreciate this fantastic giveaway at Busy-at-Home. Leave a comment below letting me know you did. Be sure to include your Facebook name, so I can find you in their fans list.
- Follow Busy-at-Home on Twitter. Leave a comment letting me know you’ve done it.
- Like Busy-at-Home on Facebook. Leave a comment letting me know you’ve done it.
- Follow Busy-at-Home on Google Friends Connect. Use the “Join” button in the right-hand sidebar. Leave a comment letting me know you’ve done it.
- Subscribe to the Busy-at-Home Newsletter (in the right-hand sidebar). You will receive an email confirmation with a link that must be clicked to confirm your subscription. Once you click the email link to confirm your subscription, leave me a comment to let me know you’ve done it.
- Post this giveaway on your Facebook page. I’m entered to win a fabulous Keurig MINI Plus Brewer and K-Cups sampler from Keurig & Busy-at-Home! http://busy-at-home.com/blog/win-a-keurig-mini-plus-brewer-in-our-review-and-giveaway-birthday-bash-surprise-2/ Leave a comment below with a link to your post.
- Tweet this giveaway (1x daily) : I’m entered to win a fabulous Keurig MINI Plus Brewer and K-Cups sampler from Keurig & Busy-at-Home! http://busy-at-home.com/blog/win-a-keurig-mini-plus-brewer-in-our-review-and-giveaway-birthday-bash-surprise-2/ #giveaway Leave a comment below with a link to your tweet.
I received a Keurig MINI Plus Brewer and sample K-Cups in order to test them and conduct this review. No monetary compensation was received and as always, at Busy-at-Home, views and opinions expressed are wholly my own.
Yes, it’s true. Realistically, by August 28, I SHOULD have a half century of wisdom to impart to the masses. I’m sorry. I’m not sure what went wrong. — lol – But there’s still good news! If I don’t go too dark, I can still pull off coloring all that “wisdom” out of my [...]
Yes, it’s true. Realistically, by August 28, I SHOULD have a half century of wisdom to impart to the masses. I’m sorry. I’m not sure what went wrong. — lol – But there’s still good news!
- If I don’t go too dark, I can still pull off coloring all that “wisdom” out of my hair!
- I have all of you to celebrate with me! It still amazes me that you all keep coming back and reading. Without you, there wouldn’t be a blog and the love and support you have shown is, frankly, overwhelming and so appreciated. You rock!
- Some of the best sponsors on this planet are celebrating with us and there will be fabulous giveaways for you!
I have truly been blessed to have met and worked with some amazing people and companies, since starting my blogging journey. If you’ve been reading my blog for very long, it isn’t hard to figure out, that some are special — I love their products and value their partnerships. Would you like a sneak peek at a few (well, I’ll give you three for now. ) of the Birthday Bash participating sponsors? You’re going to love what’s coming!
So, watch for the first giveaway post coming on Monday, August 8th! My 50th Birthday Bash is going to be AWESOME! Just like all of you!
K-Cup loaded in the brewer As the only non-coffee drinker in my household, you would think I would be less excited about the Keurig Special Edition Brewer sitting on my kitchen counter, this morning, but I can’t wait for all of you to see it! I wish you could all come by and have a [...]
As the only non-coffee drinker in my household, you would think I would be less excited about the Keurig Special Edition Brewer sitting on my kitchen counter, this morning, but I can’t wait for all of you to see it! I wish you could all come by and have a cup of your favorite coffee, tea or cocoa. We could sit around the kitchen table and visit while we each had our own custom-made beverages.
When I think coffee brewer, I think of hot liquid and a welcoming coffee aroma. While the Keurig certainly does produce both, it does SO much more than that. It will totally change the way you think about making coffee. First of all, the vast array of available flavors is almost overwhelming! There are so many wonderful varieties to choose from. My family has been enjoying Wolfgang Puck’s Breakfast Blend coffee. It’s more mild and one of my husband’s favorites. My son-in-law and brother-in-law like more bold flavors in their coffee and have enjoyed trying Emeril Lagasse’s Big Easy Bold Coffee, as well as the Black Tiger Coffee and Jet Fuel, both by Coffee People. Green Mountain’s Flavored coffee variety pack with Hazelnut Dark Roast Extra Bold, Carmel Vanilla Cream, Wild Mountain Blueberry and French Vanilla flavors has also been a favorite. This barely scratches the surface of the multitude of hot coffee flavors that are available.
But what makes this brewer so completely unique is that it doesn’t stop at making just hot coffee. We were fortunate enough to also receive a yummy French Vanilla Iced Coffee to try and have since learned that any of the flavors available can be brewed over ice. Not a coffee drinker? Well, you’re in my club and I can tell you I still put plenty of miles on the Keurig Special Edition Brewer. I have enjoyed freshly brewed iced tea by the glass, multiple times a day, since we received this little gem. I absolutely love it! I can make hot tea, too and the kids have been drinking cocoa and white hot chocolate like there is no tomorrow, even in this ridiculous heat! This really is a machine that can accommodate every member of your family. The tea and cocoa varieties are as plentiful as coffee. Celestial Seasonings makes several varieties of herbal teas for the Keurig and we got to try them in their variety box that contains Green Tea, English Breakfast Tea, Lemon Zinger Herbal Tea and Sleepytime Herbal Tea. I’m looking forward to trying an Earl Grey, as that is always one of my favorite wintertime teas. There are so many more flavors to choose from than I could ever list here. You really MUST go to the Keurig website and browse through what’s available. You just won’t believe the options!
Since, I’m not a sugar-in-my-drinks kind of person, and it has been 9288 degrees here , every day for a week, now, I have been loving the option of brewing tea over ice. The English Breakfast Tea is amazing that way. There are tons of iced tea varieties available, too. We got to try the Half and Half Perfect Iced Tea, which is half tea and half lemonade. We also sampled the Southern Sweet Perfect Iced Tea. I have a list of others I plan on trying, too. How about Tropical Breeze White Iced Tea, Sweet Berry Lime Green Iced Tea or Sweet Raspberry Perfect Iced Tea? Oh my goodness, I almost forgot to tell you about one of the most delicious teas of all. I had to come back here and edit this paragraph, because you have to know. It’s the Chai Latte by Cafe Escapes. Can I just say, “Aaaaaaagggghhhhhh.” It is every warm, wonderful Thanksgiving memory you have ever experienced all rolled up in a cup! Smooth, cinnamony, spicy, delish!!!
So far, we have tried Timothy’s White Hot Chocolate and the Hot Cocoa (Milk Chocolate) by Green Mountain. Both have been a hit with adults and kids, alike. In addition, there are two more Hot Chocolate varieties from Cafe Express and one from Ghiardelli.
Okay, so there are definitely a lot of flavors and varieties of beverages to choose from when you own a Keurig brewer, but let me give you a list of everything I love about this machine and why I believe it is such an amazing value.
- It is SIMPLE to use. Once the water reservoir was filled, my eight-year-old mastered this machine in a matter of seconds. Just fill the water reservoir, insert a K-cup, close the K-cup holder lid and select the button specific water amount for the strength you want for your beverage. Less than 30 seconds later, be sipping your custom drink!
- Yes, that’s right! I said select the water amount used to brew your beverage. There are THREE options: 6 oz, 8 oz or 12 oz. So, you can brew according to your mug or glass size and according to the strength you prefer. Awesome!
- The footprint on my counter is small. About one square foot or less, I would say. I haven’t actually measured, but it’s not much.
- It’s modern and stylish looking. Most of you know I don’t keep appliances on my counter. I hate clutter on my countertops and everything is stored in a cabinet or cubby until I need it, but as much use as this Keurig brewer is getting and as good as it looks, it has a place of honor on my counter.
- I have used all different sizes, shapes and types of cups and mugs in this machine, with the same great results. Ceramic mugs, glass drinking glasses and goblets and even plastic drinking glasses. The goblet I used for making a glass of tea was a hair’s width too tall and so I removed the drip tray and set the glass on the base of the brewer, where it fit beautifully. I brewed the tea, replaced the drip tray and it was back to business as usual.
- It is SO fun to be able to offer guests a choice from such a wide selection of delicious varieties. You will literally be able to offer something for every taste, perfectly brewed and instantly fresh!
- The machine comes with a one-year warranty and when I went online to register it, I received a coupon code for two free boxes of K-Cups with the purchase of two.
- The drinks are always up-to-the-minute fresh. No more stale coffee left in the pot from this morning or the end of a pitcher of iced tea made yesterday afternoon. The freshest most delicious taste is at your fingertips all the time!
- It’s FAST!!! I need to time this, but I am certain that it takes 15 seconds or less for the drink to actually brew. It’s simply amazing to watch.
- While this might not be as economical as brewing a plain old pot of coffee at home, I am convinced that anyone who is in the daily habit of purchasing a cup of coffee or specialty coffee drinks will save tons of money with this machine and K-Cups. Depending on the variety you are drinking and where you purchase them, the K-Cups we have been using are around 50¢- 70¢ each. Compare that to coffee out, which will be several dollars for a single cup. Plus, you get the variety and freshness right in your own home.
Keurig generously provided us their Special Edition Brewer and all the wonderful K-Cups, so that we could complete this review. They are also sponsoring a giveaway in our Blogmania 2010 giveaway event. One lucky Busy-at-Home reader will win a Keurig Special Edition Brewer and four assorted boxes of K-Cups. That’s almost a $200 value! Keurig has been such an amazing sponsor and their product quality and service have been great. I’m offering one Bonus Entry in our Blogmania drawings to readers who complete the following requirements.
Visit the Keurig website and select a variety of K-Cups that you would like to try. Then go to the Keurig Facebook page to copy and paste this note.
I’m visiting from Busy-at-Home http://busy-at-home.com/blog/coffee-tea-or-a-keurig-review-giveaway-plus-a-blogmania-bonus/ . I would love to try the <—–Put your flavor choice, here——>K-Cups. Thanks for being a Blogmania 2010 sponsor!
BONUS ENTRIES HAVE NOW EXPIRED. Don’t miss the main event! Enter now at our main Blogmania entry page!
Need more info about the over $1500 in Giveaway prizes available here at Busy-at-Home for Blogmania 2010? Did you know we will be linking to the over 150 other blogs, participating in the event, with prizes totaling nearly $40,000? Read all about it here and save Sept 15 & 16 for a day of Blogmania Giveaway fun!
I received the Keurig Special Edition Brewer and assorted K-Cups in order to complete this review. The views and opinions expressed are wholly my own and no payment was received to write the review.