I can’t believe that the days of celebration are nearly over. You all have been a hoot, helping me celebrate and stretch my 50th birthday through the entire month of August! But before we bid the celebration a fond adieu, I have one more spectacular giveaway to share! It will come as no surprise that […]
I can’t believe that the days of celebration are nearly over. You all have been a hoot, helping me celebrate and stretch my 50th birthday through the entire month of August! But before we bid the celebration a fond adieu, I have one more spectacular giveaway to share! It will come as no surprise that it’s from one of my all-time favorite sponsors, King Arthur Flour. When have they not generously participated in the events I share with you? Plus, they’re not just a company with fabulous products, they’re a company owned and operated by extraordinary people! I know, I’ve been there. I’ve met them. And they stole my baking heart!
So, as the pièce de résistance, finishing off my 50th Birthday Bash, King Arthur Flour is sponsoring a giveaway worth more than $80!!! A very happy, Busy-at-Home reader is going to be thrilled to heat up their kitchen and try out the high quality products included in King Arthur Flour’s Secret Ingredient Collection! Plus, as a special treat for my birthday, they are also including a special request from me, a King Arthur bench knife! When I visited their headquarters in Vermont, this past June, I fell in love with the bench knives during classes. We used them so often, and I would have purchased and brought one home with me (along with about 937 other items I would love to have), except I didn’t want to have to try and get it on the plane. So, tada! A King Arthur bench knife will also be included in this fabulous giveaway!
The Secret Ingredient Collection includes:
- an 8×8 USA square baking pan – made in America, lifetime warranty, heavy-duty, crafted from steel and aluminum for strength and superior heat conductivity, coated with Americoat, a clear, non-stick, non-toxic, environmentally friendly coating that is specially formulated for superior baking and corrugated surface provides better browning.
- 16 oz. Double Dutch Dark Cocoa Powder – an exclusive King Arthur blend of extra-dark black cocoa with Dutch process cocoa. Rich, pure chocolate flavor for your favorite baked treats!
- 3 oz. Espresso Powder – a touch of espresso powder enhances and deepens chocolate flavor without adding a coffee taste. Ground, brewed, then dried from specially selected coffee beans, powder readily dissolves for easy mixing.
- Fiori di Sicilia – all-natural combination of citrus and vanilla with a pleasingly floral aroma. The wonderful people in the King Arthur Test Kitchen say, “ You know that wonderful marriage of flavors you taste when you combine vanilla ice cream and orange sherbet in the same bowl? That’s what Fiori di Sicilia tastes like. We find that using it in just about anything mild and sweet–anything where competing flavors, like chocolate, don’t interfere–adds a wonderfully mysterious taste. Your friends will be guessing just what you’ve done to your sugar cookies or yellow cake or sweet bread to make them taste SO good!”
- 3 oz. Vietnamese Cinnamon- You cannot buy this at Wal-Mart or your local market. It’s like no other cinnamon you have ever tasted! I’ve been hooked on this delicious spice for more than a year, now. It has a higher oil content than the Indonesian cinnamon we can find at the grocery store, meaning it will disperse more fully through your baked goods. Considered by many to be the world’s finest cinnamon, Vietnamese cinnamon (a.k.a. Saigon cinnamon) is ground from dried, cultivated bark of cinnamon cassia grown in Vietnam. It’s sweeter, more aromatic, and more powerful than the Indonesian cinnamon commonly sold in supermarkets. A side-by-side taste test will leave you a lifelong convert!
- 4 oz Nielsen Massey Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla – Nielsen-Massey is the first extract company and ingredient supplier in America to be certified by the Gluten-Free Certification Organization (GFCO). I discovered Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla when doing our daughter’s wedding cake, last April. It is not an exaggeration to say the flavor is superior and has more depth than any vanilla I have ever used. Again, it’s one of those products where going back to old brands, just doesn’t work. It’s a rich, creamy, and sweet vanilla, mildly assertive, with old-fashioned vanilla flavor. You will notice the flavor in your baked goods and miss it when it is not there. Extraordinary product!
- King Arthur Bench Knife – This kitchen tool was used in every possible dough application, I can think of, during the classes I took at the King Arthur Baking and Education Center, this summer. It’s perfect for dividing and portioning doughs, cutting brownies and bars, lifting and folding dough, bench or counter cleanup. The handle is made from beautiful rosewood and the 3×6 inch blade is stainless steel. Once you’ve used one, I would venture to say it will become one of your favorite and most-used kitchen tools!
Those are the high-quality products you have a chance to win in the giveaway! But, you know that no King Arthur Flour post is complete without a recipe, so before you start submitting your entries, check out this yummy Cinnamon Roll Cake recipe! It’s one of many recipes I will make and share with you as we explore King Arthur Flour, bread baking, pizza making, pie crust creating and more in my KAF Blog and Bake series, this fall!
I pinned (remember pinning?) this recipe for Cinnamon Roll Cake, from the Cookin’ Up North blog, almost a week ago and have been waiting for the perfect opportunity to make it. I woke up on Monday and I just wanted some, which seemed like a compelling enough reason to give it a go! – lol – Plus, a dear friend was having a birthday, so I could share half with her. Woohoo! Birthdays are GOOD! The original recipe is made in a 9×13 pan. I used two 8×8′s. The only other thing I changed up was that I made cream cheese icing for the top, instead of a powdered sugar drizzle. Yum! Also, this was good when it came out of the oven, but I wasn’t over-the-top thrilled about it. When the kids pulled icy cold pieces out of the fridge, later that afternoon, and started raving and exclaiming over how good it was, I was amazed. Cold, this moist, delicious cake had been completely permeated with the cinnamon flavor and the cream cheese icing was creamy, flavor heaven! The flavors were magnified and intensified by the cold. I definitely recommend chilling this marvelous treat before serving. Oh, and as a matter of personal preference, I will double the cinnamon, next time I make this. That’s just the way I roll.
This post is linked to Tasty Tuesday.
You must be 18 or older and a resident of the U.S. to enter. Mandatory Entry must be completed before any optional entries will count. Winner will be selected in a random drawing using random.org. Deadline to enter is midnight, (CST), Sunday, September 18, 2011.
In a comment below, tell me your favorite “secret ingredient” in the kitchen.
Optional Additional Entries:
- Like King Arthur Flour on Facebook. Leave a comment below with your Facebook Name to let me know you’ve done it.
- Follow King Arthur Flour on Twitter. Leave a comment below with your Twitter handle to let me know you’ve done it.
- Follow Busy-at-Home on Twitter. Leave a comment letting me know you’ve done it.
- Like Busy-at-Home on Facebook. Leave a comment letting me know you’ve done it.
- Follow Busy-at-Home on Google Friends Connect. (click the JOIN button in the right-hand sidebar.) Leave a comment letting me know you’ve done it.
- Subscribe to the Busy-at-Home Newsletter with this link or in the right-hand sidebar. You will receive an email confirmation with a link that must be clicked to confirm your subscription. Once you click the email link to confirm your subscription, leave me a comment to let me know you’ve done it.
- Tweet this giveaway (maximum of 1x per day, please). Let them Eat Cinnamon Roll Cake! & Win a Secret Ingredients Collection & Bench Knife from @KingArthurFlour & @busyathome http://ow.ly/6hgUQ Leave a comment below with a link to your tweet.
- Post this giveaway on your Facebook page. Let them Eat Cinnamon Roll Cake! & Win a Secret Ingredients Collection & Bench Knife from @KingArthurFlour & @busyathome http://ow.ly/6hgUQ Leave a comment below with a link to your post.
I received the products listed above, in order to test them in my kitchen and complete this review. No monetary compensation was received and a positive review was not required. As with all Busy-at-Home reviews, the views and opinions expressed are wholly my own.