Sam’s Club is one of my favorite stores for stocking up on household essentials. Buying in bulk is an excellent way to save money and I’m never disappointed by the quality of the products I purchase there. Two of my favorite budget savers are the 25 lb bags of all purpose flour and 10 lb [...]
Sam’s Club is one of my favorite stores for stocking up on household essentials. Buying in bulk is an excellent way to save money and I’m never disappointed by the quality of the products I purchase there. Two of my favorite budget savers are the 25 lb bags of all purpose flour and 10 lb bags of flash-frozen chicken breasts. Sam’s Club is well aware of the costs and stresses involved in getting our students well equipped for college or for being on their own for the first time. Our nineteen-year-old moved into her first place, roommates and all, this past weekend; and the products in our “Back to Class pack from Sam’s Club, have already been put to good use! Sam’s Club has actually put together several fantastic care packages for the college-aged kids in your life, that will save you money and help the students have a good start on prepping for a good year with some essential “living on their own” products.
- The Back to Class Laundry Care and Cleaning Bundle includes: 1 Clorox Disinfecting Wipes Variety 4-Pack, 1 Lysol Disinfectant Spray – 3 pk., 1 – 170 oz. Tide HE Laundry Detergent, 1 – 250 sheet box Bounce Fabric Softener Sheets, 1 Swiffer Duster with 24 refills, and 1 Kleenex Cool Touch Tissues – 3 pk.
- The School Supplies Care Package includes: 1 SwissGear Laptop Daypack – Blue, 1 12-Pack of Letter Sized Sams Writing Pads, 1 14-Pack of Pilot G2 Black Retractable Gel Roller Ball pens, 1 72-Pack of Papermate Mirado Woodcase Pencils, and 1 24-Pack of Sharpie Accent Highlighters.
- The Room Organization Kit includes: components to make home organization a breeze. The eight-shelf hanging organizer is great for sweaters, hats, scarves etc., and two sets of storage drawers can slide right under the bed for easy access. The set also includes a pop-up mesh hamper for your laundry and an over-the-door shoe rack to keep shoes neatly stored and out of sight.
- The Women’s Back to Class Care Package includes: 1 TRESemmé Moisture Rich Shampoo & Conditioner Value Pack -44 oz. each, 1 52-count package Gillette Custom Plus Disposable Razors, 1 3-pack pkg of Olay Ultra Moisture Body Wash – 2 are 23.6 oz. and 1 is 12 oz, a 4-pack of Degree Women Fresh Oxygen Invisible Solid Deodorants, 1 Tampax Tampons – Regular – 100 ct. + 5 ct. Tampax Pearl Trial Pack, a 4-pack of Crest Complete Whitening + Scope toothpaste, a 2-pack of TRESemmé Extra Hold Hair Spray, and a 3-pack of Vaseline Intensive Care Lotion. (This is the package our family received and it’s been a great package for “stocking her own place” ! Many of the items in the kit will last the entire year.)
- The Men’s Back to Class Care Package includes: 1 4-pack of Degree Men’s Invisible Solid Deodorant, 1 52-pack of Gillette Custom Plus Disposable Razors, 1 2-pack 18 oz Dove Men + Care Body and Face Wash with a 12 oz bonus bottle, a 4-pack Crest Pro-Health Clinical Gum Protection Toothpaste, a 2-pack of Crest Pro-Health Complete Rinse, and 1 40 oz pump bottle of Head & Shoulders Dry Scalp Care 2-in-1.
- The Back to Class Snack Pack includes: 24 ½-liter bottles of Nestle Bottled Spring Water, 1 30-oz. jar of Office Snax® Nugget “Gems” Pretzels, 1 16-count box Kellogg Nutri-Grain Strawberry Cereal Bars, a 22-pack of Lipton’s Cup-A-Soup, a 12-pack of Bumble Bee Tuna Lunch Kit, an 8-pack of single serving Keebler Fudge Stripes Cookies, 1 10-oz On-the-Go Canister of Emerald® Snack Nuts, and a 6-pack of Pop Secret® Popcorn.
You’ll love all the options for helping your college-age student start their year on the right foot, fully-stocked and prepared for life on their own. You’ll also love the savings you will enjoy shopping at Sam’s Club.
Sam’s Club is also sponsoring a generous GIVEAWAY for an iPhone App Enhanced Alarm Clock. To enter:
- Leave a comment on this post telling me which of the Back to Class packages you think would be the best for a student, you know, moving away to college or their own place.
- Then use the Rafflecopter form to register your entry and unlock the optional extra entries. That’s it! Good luck!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
The timing couldn’t be better for my review of the Fellowes Saturn2 95 Laminator. We kicked off the new homeschool year, this week, and I’ve already put the easy-to-use laminator to good use. Previously, laminating a sheet for lessons meant that I had to wrestle long, unwieldy sheets of clear contact paper, hope to apply it without [...]
The timing couldn’t be better for my review of the Fellowes Saturn2 95 Laminator. We kicked off the new homeschool year, this week, and I’ve already put the easy-to-use laminator to good use. Previously, laminating a sheet for lessons meant that I had to wrestle long, unwieldy sheets of clear contact paper, hope to apply it without bubbles or wrinkles and then flip the project, hoping to do the same thing to the back side. Needless to say, the results were often less than professional and sometimes required starting the project over.
Numerous times throughout our school year, I will print sheets or cards that will be used multiple times in the course of a project or unit. Rather than having to reprint them each time I need one or because they were damaged in some way, I prefer to increase their durability and usefulness by laminating them. This is great for things like maps, preposition lists, spelling rules, flash cards, times table sheets, paragraph writing examples, schedules, etc. Another cool thing about laminated sheets is that you can use dry erase markers on them. This is the perfect solution for handwriting practice! The same sheets can be used over and over, again, to master letter formations.
It was no surprise as we got busy with our first day of work, that I already had a sheet that needed some reinforcement. The program I use for grammar starts the year by having the kids memorize a list of prepositions. Once they’ve mastered the list, it’s easy to break down the structure of a sentence, eliminating the prepositions and their phrases to find the core grammatical elements of that sentence. The trick, though, is mastering that list of prepositions. Rather than putting up a wall chart or having them flip back to the front of their book, each time they want to check and be sure, I simply print out the list, one time, and laminate it. They keep the list with their school books and we get a full year of use from that one sheet.
It was the perfect test for the Fellowes Saturn2 95 Laminator. The unit required no special setup. It was as simple as removing it from the box and plugging it in. I can heat laminate using either a 3 mil thickness or 5 mil thickness laminating sheet, meaning I have choices about how stiff I want the finished project to be. Also, the laminator can take projects up to 9 1/2″ wide and has Heat Guard Technology, which allows all the heat to be contained inside the walls of the well-insulated laminator. I love that it is safe to use and have around even with the grandkids in the house. I don’t have to worry about curious fingers being burned.
Another great feature is the Release Lever, that allows me to make last-minute adjustments or to straighten a project that wasn’t loaded properly and so caused a jam. The controls are simple. Use the power button to turn the machine on. Wait for it to heat, which is indicated by a blinking green LED light and then, and when the light stops blinking, the unit beeps, and you are ready to laminate. Simply select the thickness of the laminating sheets you will be using and then load the sealed side of the project into the appliance. Your laminated item will eject from the back of the unit, fully sealed and protected.
Laminating using the Fellowes Saturn2 95 Laminator was so fast and easy, I NEVER want to go back to messing with contact paper! I’m hooked and I can think of dozens of new ways to use it. Crafts, dry-erase calendar sheets, flash cards, dry-erase grocery lists, chore charts, preserving artwork, report covers and so much more. I’m on a laminating “roll” and thanks to Fellowes, Busy-at-Home readers can be, too! You’ll SAVE $30 when you start preserving and protecting your own projects with the Fellowes Saturn2 95 Laminator. From now through August 25th, use the PROMO CODE: 87298, at staples.com, to receive $30 off your online purchase!
I wrote this review while participating in a blog tour by Mom Central Consulting on behalf of Fellowes and received a product sample to facilitate my review. No monetary compensation was received. As with all Busy-at-Home reviews, the views and opinions expressed are wholly my own and based on my personal experience with the product.
It’s that time of year, again, and it promises to be just as hectic as all the years before it. :) Back-to-school signals so many things, cooler weather, more structured and scheduled days and more activity to squeeze into that structure. Finding the time to shop and prep for the kids moving back into their [...]
It’s that time of year, again, and it promises to be just as hectic as all the years before it. :) Back-to-school signals so many things, cooler weather, more structured and scheduled days and more activity to squeeze into that structure. Finding the time to shop and prep for the kids moving back into their academic activities can leave us with our heads spinning, finding it hard to believe all that they will need to complete their assigned tasks. One name that I KNOW I can count on, without even having to think about it, for back-to-school is Crayola. A new box of 64 with a sharpener built into the back was the pinnacle of my school bag treasures, back in the day; and Crayola is still the name I trust when I shop for supplies that will help my kids and grandkids pursue their creative talents.
I love that Kraft and Crayola know exactly what busy moms like us are feeling, thinking about and experiencing as fall and a new school year approaches; and I think it’s particularly cool that they have teamed up this summer to make it a little easier for us to fill up the book bags and satisfy the after-school munchies. From now through September 30th, specially marked packages of Polly-O/ Kraft String Cheese will contain $3.00 coupons off Crayola products. It’s a perfect time to stock up on your family’s favorite string cheese varieties. Regular Mozzarella, Mozzarella made with 2% milk, Twist, and Twist made with 2% milk are the varieties participating in the coupon campaign, but I’ve noticed a couple of new flavors of Kraft String Cheese, at our market, that I want to try, too. Those are Jalapeno and Tomato Basil. Yum! Any of the flavors would be a delicious part of an after school snack or a quick and easy treat in a lunchbox! Check out this fun recipe page with ideas to really get creative with Kraft String Cheese. Here’s another recipe that I dreamed up and works as a quick, cold snack for the kids; or broiled, becomes an elegant and delicious appetizer.
Everyone will have the chance to save on Crayola school supplies when they purchase the specially marked Kraft String Cheese products, but one lucky Busy-at-Home reader will also win a fabulous Back-to-School Gift Pack from Kraft Foods, filled with Crayola products and coupons for FREE Kraft String Cheese. My ten-year-old daughter has been in artsy tween heaven, since our package arrived! :) The prize pack contains:
- Two POLLY-O/KRAFT String Cheese Gratuity Coupons
- A Lunch Box to pack favorite lunches in
- Dry-Erase Bright Crayons
- Dry-Erase Washable Markers
- Dry-Erase Board Set
- Twistable Colored Pencils
- Wild Notes 1 subject
- Wild Notes Journal
- Wild Notes Refill Paper
a Rafflecopter giveaway
I am very fortunate to be able to participate in Elmer’s Bag-It-Forward program, again, this year. If you have never participated, you’re going to love it; and for those of you who are veterans, it’s time once again, to break out the school supplies and show us your wonderful servant’s heart! The Bag-It-Forward program [...]
I am very fortunate to be able to participate in Elmer’s Bag-It-Forward program, again, this year. If you have never participated, you’re going to love it; and for those of you who are veterans, it’s time once again, to break out the school supplies and show us your wonderful servant’s heart! The Bag-It-Forward program inspires people in communities all around the country to make a gift of school supplies to students or teachers who may not have the resources to acquire all that they need. It doesn’t have to be expensive to be a fabulous surprise and meet a genuine need. As a matter of fact, shopping at Walmart allowed me to purchase even more quality school supplies than I had originally expected, meaning even more students can be helped.
This year, Elmer’s has taken Bag-It Forward one step further. Their new app for smart phones, can be downloaded by scanning the QR code on the Back-to-School List Displays in most Walmart stores. I downloaded the Elmer’s 1st Day App to my phone, right there in the store. The app allows you to take pictures of your kids’ “first days” in school, each year and of other significant events in their lives and then organize them in a sort of digital photo journal, adding captions and notes to share the memories. For each picture uploaded through the app, Elmer’s will donate one product to the Children in Need Foundation. How awesome is that!??
I am so blessed, and forever changed, to have been able to spend the past week, serving children in New Orlean’s 3rd ward, through a ministry called Urban Impact. Our mission trip included 13 adults and 34 teenagers who set out with hearts to serve, only to find that we were the ones so immeasurably impacted. Urban Impact ‘s motto is ” Creating a neighborhood in New Orleans where kids can ride their bikes: to a home their family owns, to a safe place to gather, to a church that cares, and to schools of excellence.” Through the summer they run Day Camp, taking vans out into the projects and bringing children to the church, so they can enjoy Bible class, Arts and Crafts and Sports. In the summer evenings, Urban Impact goes to the kids; taking teams of volunteers into the parks in the various projects and running Challenge Circles (similar to AWANA Circle), playing games and just interacting with, and loving on, the kids in the neighborhoods. They also provide some after-school homework help programs during the school year and provide many other resources and helps in the community.
My week was filled with children who stole my heart as I interacted with them in classes and in the parks. Other members of our team served kids and their families by mowing, cleaning homes or cleaning up lots. Some of our guys played basketball with older teens and young adults in the projects, sharing sportsmanship and the love of Christ in their speech and conduct. From the moment I, and the rest of my team, entered a room or stepped onto a playground, children would rush up from all directions asking to “ride our neck”, braid our hair, paint our nails :) or play football or frisbee or just sit and talk to us. The unconditional love they showered on us was both thrilling and overwhelming. Looking around, their need was obvious, but they were happy and loving — desiring nothing more than any other child — attention, someone to listen to them, someone to play with them, someone to invest their time and to love them. Do you know how incredibly easy that was? The hardest part was hugging them good-bye at the end of the trip.
I believe God uses everything and I believe that the timing of my trip was not an accident. While I received so much, by being there, I was also overwhelmed with the desire to be able to do something that would have an impact or help out beyond the short time I was physically able to be there. The needs of the children are many, and the ministry that serves them relies on donations to provide for those needs. The Bag-it-Forward program kicking off this week, is perfect timing, and made up my mind to a way that I might be able to help out, even in a small way. I decided to make my Back-to-School kit and ship it to Urban Impact, to use in the Day Camp, after-school program or for individual kids that may have a specific need. Do you have any idea what a kick it was to go shopping, knowing where those school supplies were going?!! I’m so excited!
Who do you know that could benefit from even a small gift of school supplies? Can you picture the excitement and enthusiasm they would feel receiving it? I’ll bet we all know someone; and the cost to help is so small. I hope you will put together your own Bag-It-Forward Back to School kit and share with a student or teacher in need. Your act of kindness will not only bless them, but you as well! It’s easy to get involved. If you have questions, visit the Bag-It-Forward website, follow Elmer’s on Twitter or check them out out on Facebook. There is even a Bag-It-Forward Pinterest page to inspire you and get those creative ideas flowing!
Want to see more of my shopping experience and Bag-It-Forward project? Check out my album on Google +. I hope you’ll take up the challenge and then come back to tell me about your Bag-It-Forward experience!
… Believe it or not, it’s August and school is just around the corner! We’re going to launch our Back-to-School Roundup with a $25 Sam’s Club Gift Card Giveaway! So much of what your students will need for a good start at school, can be found at great prices when you shop at Sam’s Club. [...]
Believe it or not, it’s August and school is just around the corner! We’re going to launch our Back-to-School Roundup with a $25 Sam’s Club Gift Card Giveaway! So much of what your students will need for a good start at school, can be found at great prices when you shop at Sam’s Club. They have everything from pens and paper to clothing and computers. I love one-stop shopping!
Another great reason to shop at Sam’s for back-to-school is their Back-to-School Event with Box Tops for Education. This promotion runs in August and means you’ll find SIX Box Tops on those Box Tops for Education products, instead of the usual one. That means more cash for your local school. Think your little bit won’t make a difference? Did you know that last year, America’s schools earned more than $49 million from Box Tops for Education?!!!?? That’s amazing and means it’s worth it to visit their website and find out how you can contribute box tops for your local school. And if you’re not sure which products earn you box tops, CLICK HERE, to print the list.
The Giveaway: One lucky Busy-at-Home reader can do their back-to-school shopping at Sam’s, with a little extra cash in their pocket! Sam’s Club is sponsoring a giveaway for a $25 Sam’s Club Gift card!
Giveaway Rules: You must be 18 or older and reside in the U.S. to enter. The mandatory entry must be completed before any optional entries will be counted. Winner will be selected in a random drawing using random.org. Deadline to enter is midnight (CST) on Sunday, August 14, 2011.
In a comment below, tell me your favorite item to purchase at Sam’s Club and why you like buying it there.
Optional Additional Entries:
- Like Sam’s Club on Facebook. Leave a comment letting me know you’ve done it.
- Follow Sam’s Club on Twitter. Leave a comment letting me know you’ve done it.
- Follow Busy-at-Home on Twitter. Leave a comment letting me know you’ve done it.
- Like Busy-at-Home on Facebook. Leave a comment letting me know you’ve done it.
- Follow Busy-at-Home on Google Friends Connect by clicking the Join Button in the right-hand side bar. Leave a comment letting me know you’ve done it.
- Subscribe to the Busy-at-Home Newsletter with this link or in the right-hand sidebar. You will receive an email confirmation with a link that must be clicked to confirm your subscription. Once you click the email link to confirm your subscription, leave me a comment to let me know you’ve done it.
- Tweet this giveaway (maximum of 1x per day, please). Win a $25 Sam’s Club Gift Card!! @busyathome @SamsClub #myblogspark http://ow.ly/5Sypz Leave a comment below with a link to your tweet.
- Post this giveaway on your Facebook page. Win a $25 Sam’s Club Gift Card!! and learn how to help your local school get their share of the millions that are earned every year through Box Tops for Education! @busyathome @SamsClub #myblogspark http://ow.ly/5Sypz Leave a comment below with a link to your post.
I received a $25 Sam’s Club Gift card, through My Blog Spark, for posting this information about the Sam’s Club/Box Tops for Education event. They will also provide a $25 Sam’s Club Gift card to the giveaway winner. As always, at Busy-at-Home, the views and opinions expressed are wholly my own.
Great Products and Giveaways Coming in August! … (We are still accepting sponsors for this event. Email me at email@example.com if you have a product you would like me to consider.)
Great Products and Giveaways Coming in August!
(We are still accepting sponsors for this event. Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have a product you would like me to consider.)
Well, it’s hard to believe that this crazy, hectic summer is on the downhill side. Didn’t we just get started with summer? Oh, well. Time marches on and so do we. There are some great things coming up at Busy-at-Home. Keep your eyes open and your ears listening for : Back-to-School Round Up – We [...]
Well, it’s hard to believe that this crazy, hectic summer is on the downhill side. Didn’t we just get started with summer? Oh, well. Time marches on and so do we. There are some great things coming up at Busy-at-Home. Keep your eyes open and your ears listening for :
- Back-to-School Round Up – We have some great products and sponsors to share with you, for Back-to-School, and the giveaway prizes are awesome!
- My 50th Birthday Bash! – I know, I know, I’ve been telling everyone for years that I am ten years older than I really am, so they will think I look AMAZING for my age. My mom and sisters think that reflects poorly on THEIR ages, however, so I’m coming clean, just in time to celebrate a half century of the Lord blessing me on this earth. My birthday is August 28, so we’ll be celebrating all month long with some great giveaways!
- DIY Front Room Makeover Series – We will continue our backyard makeover, as long as the weather holds and we have updates to make, but beginning in September, I’ll be tackling that DIY front room makeover, we talked about before. Remember, the third living area in our new house, with absolutely NO furniture, except a bookcase? lol I guess it’s not really a makeOVER, it’s just a plain old MAKE. I need lots of ideas and inspiration. I was thinking of finding a gorgeous area rug and using the colors from that as the color palette for the room. I’m just not sure, yet. Be sure to chime in with your own ideas or pictures of your dream “inspiration” rooms. I’m working hard to find some exceptional sponsors for that event, too, so stay tuned!
- Homemade Breakfasts — Fast, Simple and Delish! – Especially with school starting, having a warm, healthy breakfast ready in the morning can be tough, unless we’ve planned ahead. We’re going to go through tips and tricks for making it fast, simple and delicious. No one in your house will skip breakfast, again, because “they don’t have time”. You’ll love these recipes!
So, are you excited, yet?!!!?! lol Me, too. So glad I get to share it with all of you. You guys rock!
(I’m still accepting sponsors, for each of these events, so if you would like to be included, contact me at email@example.com, and let me know what products you would like me to consider. Thanks!)