I don’t buy many canned soups. I’m more of a scratch-cooking kind of girl, but I do keep some on hand for those hectic nights when I need something warm and quick for a family supper. When our kids were small, the skinny noodles with an occasional cube of “chicken” would cut it, but my hearty-eaters definitely need something a little more substantial, nowadays. Progresso soups have chunks of vegetables and meat, they’re well seasoned and they taste good. They are a better option for our family, at this stage of life.
I recently received the opportunity to review some Progresso Soup flavors that we hadn’t tried before. I had no idea that they actually sell 40 different varieties, so it was a treat to try them. The soups I received were “light”, meaning they had fewer than 100 calories per serving. They are being promoted as part of Progresso’s Souper You™ Debut” contest! From January 3rd through March 16th, you can visit Progresso on Facebook to enter for the chance to win a full makeover in New York City. I could definitely use that kind of pampering and an all new look.
The soup flavors we tried were: Light Chicken Noodle, Light New England Clam Chowder, Light Vegetable Noodle, Light Santa Fe Chicken and Light Beef Pot Roast. My husband is the only person in our household that eats Clam Chowder and it MUST be the New England variety. He is picky about his chowder and he gave this one two-thumbs up, so I was very impressed. He told me that being light, it was not as thick as the clam chowder he is used to, but the flavor was spot on. The other flavors were polished off in no time, for lunches, over a few days when I wasn’t feeling well and not doing much cooking. There’s no question these soups aren’t homemade, but there is also no question that Progresso soups far exceed the average canned soup fare. We were well-satisfied.
To help motivate you for a “Souper New You” and to help you with your goals for shaping up in 2011, Busy-at-Home readers can PRINT A $1.00 off 4 cans coupon for Progresso Soup, plus thanks to My Blog Spark and Progresso, one lucky reader is going to win a prize pack, to help them shape up in 2011, containing:
- a VIP coupon for a free can of Progresso soup
- a yoga mat with zippered, mesh case
- water bottle
- set of aerobic bands
- sport headband
- two sport wristbands
Entrants must be 18 or older and a resident of the United States. Mandatory entry must be completed before optional entries will be counted. Winner will be selected in a random drawing using random.org. Deadline for entry is midnight, Sunday January 30, 2011.
Visit Progresso online and in a comment below, tell me which of their many soup flavors you would like to try.
Optional Additional Entries:
- Like Progresso on Facebook. Leave a comment below letting me know you did. Be sure to include your Facebook name, so I can find you in their fans list.
- Follow Busy-at-Home on Twitter. Leave a comment letting me know you’ve done it.
- Like Busy-at-Home on Facebook. Leave a comment letting me know you’ve done it.
- Follow Busy-at-Home publicly on Google Friends Connect. Use the “Join” button in the right-hand sidebar. Leave a comment letting me know you’ve done it.
- Subscribe to the Busy-at-Home Newsletter with this link (or in the right-hand sidebar). You will receive an email confirmation with a link that must be clicked to confirm your subscription. Once you click the email link to confirm your subscription, leave me a comment to let me know you’ve done it.
- Post this giveaway on your Facebook page. I want to win Progresso Soup and a shape-up kit with a yoga mat, water bottle, set of aerobic bands, sport headband and wristbands! Thanks Busy-at-Home, Progresso and My Blog Spark!
Leave a comment below with a link to your post.
- Tweet this giveaway (1x daily) : Win Progresso Soup & a shape-up kit with a yoga mat, water bottle, set of aerobic bands, & more @busyathome! http://ow.ly/3FwIc #giveaway Leave a comment below with a link to your tweet.
I received 5 cans of Progresso Soup and the shape-up kit described, above, from My Blog Spark and Progresso, in order to conduct this review. No monetary compensation was received and a positive review was not required. Views and opinions expressed are wholly my own.