I was lucky enough to receive the BEST lawn mower, from GreenWorks, to test in my own yard and to gather data and information for this review. No monetary compensation was received. Views and opinions are my own.
It’s raining, it’s pouring, the old…. it’s raining it’s pouring, the tornado sirens are blowing. It’s raining, it’s pouring, we’re in a flash flood warning. It’s raining, it’s hailing, the wind is really blowing. It’s raining, it’s raining, it’s raining, it’s raining. It’s raining, it’s raining…. lol So, how’s your spring going? It’s been pretty wet and stormy here in southeast Nebraska, which means, everything is exactly like we expect spring to be. It also means, it’s almost always too wet for yard work, but the grass is growing like crazy mad. For years, we have looked for the best lawn mower to tackle the rapid growth our lawn experiences in this early heavy rain season. We need something tough enough to plow through taller grass, sturdy and powerful enough to do it every other day, (if we get a break in the weather), and inexpensive to operate under these trying conditions. As gas prices creep up, again, our old mower was definitely not the solution to this dilemma. I am convinced, however, that the BEST Lawn Mower now sits in our garage and that it can be the powerful workhorse that becomes your yard work Solution, too. The G-MAX 40V 19-Inch Twin Force Mower from GreenWorks is my favorite addition to our lawn care tools.
What makes the G-MAX 40V cordless mower from GreenWorks our BEST LAWN MOWER ever?
- .So many extraordinary features! Top on our list? POWER!! The one feature we love best is that it is an electric mower with unbelievable power for handling heavy-duty jobs. David and I were both skeptical that a cordless, electric mower would have the power to handle our tough, over-grown and frequent mowings in the spring. We couldn’t be more thrilled to have been so wrong.
- It has been a delight to not only handle over-grown grass with ease, but to have enough battery life to complete our entire, quarter-acre lawn! The best lawn mower we’ve ever owned, our G-Max 40V cordless, comes with a battery charger and TWO battery packs. One charges while we use the other and it’s as simple as slipping a letter into an envelope, to remove one battery pack and slide the next one in, to finish the job. I love that we never have to stop, put a single pack on the charger and wait before we can complete the project. To packs, ready to go, is so much more efficient. GreenWorks really DID think of everything when designing this mower!
- NO CORDS! Anyone who ever mowed the lawn for their grandma, using the corded electric mower from her garage, will appreciate how magnificent it is not to have to keep from mowing over the cord. Plus, with no cord, there’s no skipping and turning to keep from getting tangled in it. You never have to find another outlet or a huge extension cord, so the mower can reach the edge of the property and there’s no hassle of trying to neatly wind the cord and store it.
- The mower is SUPER QUIET! We were dumbfounded at the very low motor noise. No waking the neighbors on an early Saturday morning. This mower won’t even be on their radar. It never actually occurred to me that it was possible for a mower to be so quiet.
- NO GAS. I hate smelly gas cans sitting in the garage and I’m always worried about the possibility of fire. Plus, the cost is creeping up, again. Do you know how cool it is to not have to stop in the middle of yard work to run to the gas station and get more fuel to finish the job? That’s right! We don’t ever need to buy gas for our mower, again!
- No spark plugs or motor oil. Without a gas engine, there is no need for mixing special oil concoctions or messing with touchy spark plugs. Maintenance is super-simplified with the G-MAX 40V 19-Inch Twin Force Mower from GreenWorks.
- 3-in-1 versatility! We can just mow regularly. We can mulch. We can bag.
- Simple to start and operate. The push of a button is so much easier for me than trying to pull the cord to start our old gas mower. Anyone who’s ended up with a sore shoulder from yanking and yanking on a lawn mower cord will agree with me, that pressing a button and getting on with the job at hand, is far superior.
- It’s easy to adjust the blade height by simply moving a lever. This was a HUGE problem for me with our old mower, so I love the ease with which I can accomplish it on my G-MAX mower.
- The hande length/height easily adjusts to fit whoever is mowing.
- Dual blades – This system does such a beautiful job on our lawn. The blades cut, rather than tear or pull, leaving a gorgeous, precision-cut finish on our freshly mowed lawn. The dual blade system is also betterfor bagging and mulching capabilities.
If you’re looking for an easy-to-use, high-powered and efficient mower that won’t cost an arm and a leg to operate, look no further. We love the G-MAX 40V 19-Inch Twin Force Mower from GreenWorks and I’m confident that you will, too. As a matter of fact, I’m going to be checking out other great lawn and garden tools from GreenWorks.
To learn more about them, check out their website and social media posts.