There is nothing like the feeling of breaking open the boxes of Christmas decorations and turning your home into that warm, wonderful family place where celebration, festivities and love abound. It’s absolutely one of my most favorite things. As you all know by now, I will be moving on September 4th and so I am looking forward to all the fun of decorating and celebrating Christmas in a new home. I’ll be looking for the perfect spot for my beautiful Nativity and unpacking ornaments from previous years, remembering all the special times and moments that they represent. I will blanket the house in greenery and Christmas decor and I am going to just come out and confess it, now; I am going to buy a new Christmas tree.
(Okay, as soon as my family stops throwing rocks, booing and hissing, I’ll explain. – lol) Apparently, I am a Christmas tree snob. Personally, I just happen to think I know exactly what I like, but others will comment differently. 🙂 Anyway, I don’t especially care for pre-lit trees. I want to put my own lights on, where I want them and in the amounts that I want them. I also want a tree that looks real, even though it isn’t. Do you have any idea how hard that is to find? Try going to the local Meglo-Mart, Huge-Mall, or whatever your large discount retailer is and find an unlit tree that doesn’t look like it belongs in a Charlie Brown Christmas. Plus, for the first time in a long time, I can have a tree that I love, not one that “fits” the space I have to put it in. I have room for whatever kind of tree is perfect. (My kind of perfect -lol).
You can see why I have been so extraordinarily excited about Balsam Hill being one of our Blogmania “Christmas at Home: A Celebration!” sponsors. Their Christmas trees are gorgeous and many, many of them are available unlit. The hardest thing is picking the perfect one, because there are so many beautiful trees to decide between. 🙂 I have a feeling that after this purchase, my Christmas tree and I will be together for a long time and I want to make the right choice. I am very drawn to the Norway Spruce from the Vermont Collection. I love the shape and color, but it doesn’t come unlit. I also love the Vermont White Spruce but the Saratoga Spruce is so pretty, too! -lol- Decisions. Decisions.
There are three types of foliage (needle types) used on Balsam Hill Trees. All of them are beautiful, but each is just a little different from the other and you should have no problem finding something to fit your personal taste. My personal favorites seem to all have the True Needle technology.
- True Needle®: Exclusive to Balsam Hill®, ultrarealistic True Needle® evergreen foliage is created with injection-molded PE plastic and several different colors of pigment to mimic the structure, texture and color of natural evergreen needles. It is simply the best method for creating lifelike artificial evergreen foliage. A unique feature of True Needle® foliage is the color variations within the branches. For example, the branch might be a brown/green while the needles start off a dark green and slowly fade to a lighter green.
- Pine needle: The PVC pine needles used by Balsam Hill® are extruded to mimic the size and texture of long, thin needles of a pine tree. These needles even have the texture of real pine needles: if you roll them between your thumb and finger, you will feel the ridges.
- Classic needle: Classic needles are made from thin sheets of PVC that are cut into fine strands to resemble evergreen needles. Balsam Hill® uses these resilient, flexible needles as the primary foliage of many of its trees in the BH Classics collection and a few trees in the Signature Collections. It is also used as filler for most other Christmas trees because of its superior ability to block light and create a “full” look for the tree.
The other great thing about buying a Christmas tree from Balsam Hill, as opposed to other online retailers, is that you have the opportunity to see close-up, high resolution photos of exactly what you’re buying. They are proud of their products and anxious to show them. That’s the kind of company I can have confidence in. The great news is they are running a fabulous sale until September 15, where many of their trees are up to 40% off. I see that I can get a fantastic deal on that Saratoga Spruce, I love! This may be my perfect pick.
Balsam Hill has been incredibly generous and sent a 24″ lighted Noble Fir Wreath for me to review. It’s how I became so convinced of the quality and beauty of Balsam Hill products! I can’t wait to decorate with this beautiful wreath in our new home. Can’t you just imagine it with a sprinkling of pinecones and/or brightly colored Christmas balls? I love that this company has even given thought to how personal decorating is for a busy homemaker and the products are constructed in a way that will make it simple to add your own touches.
Balsam Hill’s generosity didn’t just stop with a product for me to review. They are graciously sponsoring a giveaway of an even larger wreath for a Busy-at-Home reader. One of you will be able to add the 36″ lighted Noble Fir Wreath (a $130 value) to your treasured Christmas items! I can’t wait for you to see it!
Remember, entering to win ALL of my Blogmania giveaways is super simple! September 15 and 16, everyone will have an opportunity to submit one entry, each day, that will enter them in ALL $1500 worth of my prize drawings. You must be 18 or older and reside in the US, to enter. As readers, here at Busy-at-Home, you get a little extra perk. I have been offering bonus entries with each sponsor review, so your chances of being a drawing winner are dramatically increased! This review for the fabulous Balsam Hill company and their outstanding Christmas decor is no exception. To receive a Bonus Entry in our Blogmania 2010 drawings, just follow the directions, below. You must complete both steps.
- Visit Balsam Hill and pick out your most favorite tree or wreath. Come back here and leave a comment telling me which one you love the best.
- BONUS ENTRIES HAVE NOW EXPIRED. Don’t miss the main event! Enter now at our main Blogmania entry page!
I can’t wait to hear about your favorites! I also can’t wait to show you pictures of MY new tree, all decorated and perfect in our new house. That will have to wait until Thanksgiving evening, though. In the meantime, I hope you all have a blessing-filled weekend. Mine is going to be awesome! My birthday is tomorrow and I just had a phone call that all my kids and grandkids will be home. It doesn’t get better than that.