In a society that constantly bombards us with the idea that “truth is relative”, (I disagree, by the way), it’s a refreshing thing to find a company that delivers what it promises. That’s how I’m feeling about Arm and Hammer after four weeks of using their Advanced White Brilliant Sparkle Toothpaste. They didn’t promise that my teeth would be white in 2 hours or even in 14 days. They didn’t require me to wear uncomfortable inserts or products for long periods in an attempt to bleach my teeth. They simply stated that, “It safely polishes with micro-polishers for whiter and brighter teeth, and gently cleans away surface stains and penetrates tiny crevices to clean deep stains.” So, what I expected was that over a period of time, with regular use, I could expect my teeth to be whiter than when I started using Arm and Hammer Advanced White Brilliant Sparkle Toothpaste. That’s exactly what I got. I couldn’t be more pleased!
My teeth aren’t PhotoShop white. They never have been. I was born with somewhat “off-white” teeth. 🙂 They’re whiter than when I started and I have no reason to believe that won’t continue, as I move forward using the Arm and Hammer toothpaste. I drink cola and iced tea on a daily basis. Neither are best friends to dental health, but the stains are easily polished away with Advanced White Brilliant Sparkle. I can still enjoy the drinks I like and have healthy, clean and whiter teeth. Love it! 🙂
My mouth is healthy and clean, using a product that delivers on its claims and leaves my teeth feeling dentist-office smooth. It’s hard to beat that, but even better, my two younger kids are converts. No one was more surprised than me, because they haven’t always been the most faithful with their oral hygiene, but they love Arm and Hammer toothpaste, meaning they are more consistent with their brushing. For my youngest, especially, that’s HUGE! The clean, smooth feel of her teeth and knowing they will get whiter and whiter as she continues to use it are inspiring great new habits in her. I don’t know if it’s vanity or common sense, but the truth is, I don’t care. She’s on a healthier path and that’s all good to me.
DIY is a fabulous way to save money, whether you are doing projects around the house or whitening your teeth. Professional bleaching or whitening at the dentist office is incredibly expensive. Do it yourself at home and put the dollars saved toward something fun for your family. Also, from my previous two posts, you know there is more to toothpaste than meets the “tooth”, so to speak. I used it to polish jewelry and to hang a shelf with impressive speed and accuracy, if I do say so myself. Many of you shared other great tips and uses for toothpaste, on those posts, as well. One product that does many jobs is always a good idea and a definite budget stretcher.
I was thrilled to find a $1 coupon attached to boxes of Arm and Hammer Advanced White Brilliant Sparkle when I ran to pick up another tube, today at my local Wal-Mart. I did a little comparison shopping with the other major brand whitening toothpastes, while I was there, and found that not only was Arm and Hammer the same or less in price, but the tube contained 7.2 oz of toothpaste. Other brands were 6 oz or less for the same or higher prices. Brilliant! It does what it says at the same or better price and gives me more in the package. Seems like a bargain to me. Hustle out to your local pharmacy or store and see if you can find the tubes with the Switch and Save $1 coupon, too. You can do something great for your family’s dental health and save money in the process. That makes you frugal AND smart! 🙂 (I already knew that about you.)
Arm and Hammer is not only a trusted household name, but they are also incredibly generous. They are once again sponsoring a $25 VISA Gift Card giveaway, here at Busy-at-Home. Entry couldn’t be easier!
You must be 18 or over and a US resident to enter. Winner will be selected in a random drawing using random.org. Deadline to enter is midnight (CST), Sunday, July 31, 2011.
What’s your best tip for encouraging great dental health in kids OR your best household tip for toothpaste? Leave your answer in a comment below.
Optional Additional Entries:
- Like Arm and Hammer on Facebook and leave a comment to let me know you’ve done it.
- Follow Busy-at-Home on Twitter. Leave a comment letting me know you’ve done it.
- Like Busy-at-Home on Facebook. Leave a comment letting me know you’ve done it.
- Follow Busy-at-Home on Google Friends Connect by clicking the Join Button in the right-hand side bar. Leave a comment letting me know you’ve done it.
- Subscribe to the Busy-at-Home Newsletter with this link or in the right-hand sidebar. You will receive an email confirmation with a link that must be clicked to confirm your subscription. Once you click the email link to confirm your subscription, leave me a comment to let me know you’ve done it.
- Tweet this giveaway (maximum of 1x per day, please). Learn the frugal way to a whiter smile AND win a $25 VISA Gift Card from Arm and Hammer and @busyathome @bhg http://ow.ly/5D3O4 Leave a comment below with a link to your tweet.
- Post this giveaway on your Facebook page. Learn the frugal way to a whiter smile AND win a $25 VISA Gift Card from Arm and Hammer and @busyathome @bhg http://ow.ly/5D3O4 Leave a comment below with a link to your post.
This is a sponsored post for Church & Dwight Co., Inc, the maker of ARM & HAMMER branded products, who is compensating me to try different products. Sign up for a free sample of Advance White Brilliant Sparkle Toothpaste. And then head over to The Switch & Save Challenge to keep up with all of the bloggers and enter to win $25,000.